Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yank the breastfeeding baby from her mother if mom has the nerve to be seeking asylum

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I just heard an immigration official on MSNBC provide a little perspective on the issue, here are some of the points he made. In 2015 a Federal judge ruled that children cannot be held in the same facilities as adults (their parents) for longer than 20 days. The only incoming immigrants being held in detention are those who attempt to bypass the ports of entry to the country. Due process for those adults being held typically takes longer than 20 days. From 2015 till just recently, the inability to house children and adults together resulted in many of those adults travelling with children being released without adjudication. The recent decision to stop releasing adults prior to competing due process requires children to be removed from their parents. Congress can resolve this issue by creating legislation addressing the Federal ruling.

Talking heads in the media seem to have a different slant on those points which seems to me to be political. Who should we believe?
    From what I have been seeing that seems to be the issue. Did you see any of the detention centers for children. They only showed the age 10 and up. Do you agree with this? I cannot be the only one here who was separated from three of my sibs and parents at a young age and put with strangers to live. It was unbelievably scary and I had one sib with me. And we spoke the language. I think it has affected us to this day, and we all got ourselves educated spent our lives helping societies cast offs. Welfare families, the impoverished elderly, mentally ill, and youngsters at their last stop before they get sent to the big house for incarceration.

Wait until they put up tent cities in the Texas and Arizona areas. And Trump supporters will be cheering “Lock them up”. “Bread and water for the parents”.

it is very difficult for someone like me to not be emotional, my heart breaks for these children, especially the young ones. I am having nightmares again.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I cannot be the only one here who was separated from three of my sibs and parents at a young age and put with strangers to live. It was unbelievably scary and I had one sib with me. And we spoke the language. I think it has affected us to this day, and we all got ourselves educated spent our lives helping societies cast offs.

it is very difficult for someone like me to not be emotional, my heart breaks for these children, especially the young ones. I am having nightmares again.
    Wow..I had no idea that you had experienced this. What a horrendous experience.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What bothers me the most is Sessions citing the Bible as his justification!! What the hell happened to the separation of church and state??

"... we all got ourselves educated, spent our lives helping societies (sic) castoffs..."
    This. This is where the people with Heart are going to come from, the "salvation" of humankind.

My heart breaks for these kids.

Flowers, that is horrible. I am so sorry. I love your empathy for others and that you helped the less fortunate. The whole situation makes me sick. Anybody that agrees with this has a lump of coal where their heart should be. I am on vacation so now will try to return to my happy place. It

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    There are many people who post here who grew up poor, in alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional homes, who faced discrimination or abuse at the hands of those who were supposed to protect them. Life happens but when the boot of the strong and rich is crushing the poor and weak, it is very hard to see any justice.

The US spends 60 billion dollars each on weight loss and pets, we incarcerate more people than other countries and our murder rate is astronomical. Video after video shows mainly black citizens being beat up or threatened by police. The poor are looked down upon as lazy welfare cheaters. My two best girl friends, one black and the other Jewish have seen a huge increase in hate speech and actions towards their race. Does that seem right to you in the greatest country of the world?

we are doing something terribly wrong in this country. When citizens feel emboldened to scream out their support to ban Muslims, boot out Syrian refugees, and house thousands of young immigrants in prison like conditions most look the other way because hey, they are getting a few extra dollars in their paycheck. And as Arizona lawmaker Stringer said, there just aren’t enough white kids.

does our immigration problem need to be addressed? Absolutely. But traumatizing dirt poor brown kids doesn’t seem very humane.

What would Jesus do?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The only incoming immigrants being held in detention are those who attempt to bypass the ports of entry to the country.
    And also those seeking asylum. That ruling from 2015 was about jails and prisons. Asylum seekers should not be considered criminals.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And also those seeking asylum. That ruling from 2015 was about jails and prisons. Asylum seekers should not be considered criminals.
    “Asylum seekers” must fit the definition. They are not simply the economic disadvantaged. They must be under threat of torture or death or without a state. Canada’s Justin Trudeau aggravated his border security system by announcing to the world that his country was standing with open arms to “asylum seekers” and since then Canada has been swamped with hundreds of illegal immigrants per day claiming status of asylum seeker. The RCMP formally “arrests” them, starts the process of determining status and provides them with health care, social services and housing paid by Canadian tax payers. How long does the process take? 5 years.

Would you house an “asylum seeker” at your residence for five years?

And there’s the difference. Canada ‘arrests’ them and treats them like human beings. We arrest them and treat them like the rapists and murderers that trump and his supporters assume them to be.

And maybe taking them into one’s home wouldn’t be such a bad experience. It wasn’t for this couple. http://www.newnownext.com/gay-german...on-is/11/2015/

And no, 'the democrats did it too' is not a valid argument. It's the argument of mean, fearful people to justify treating other human beings atrociously.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/29/61521..._medium=social

Lee Gelernt of the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project said Tuesday that "Children are begging and screaming not to be separated from their parents, as they're hauled off to different cities. It's a harrowing situation, one that the president himself called horrible. No law even remotely requires the separation of children, and we filed a recent lawsuit arguing, in fact, that the Constitution prohibits this policy."

In an interview with NPR's Morning Edition host Steve Inskeep Tuesday, former President Barack Obama's domestic policy director, Cecilia Muñoz, stated unequivocally that separating children from their parents was not a policy the Obama administration followed.

"The Obama administration did not do that, no. We did not separate children from their parents," Muñoz said. "This is a new decision, a policy decision put in place by the attorney general," which Muñoz said "puts us in league with the most brutal regimes in the world's history."

Russia and North Korea are so proud of their understudy. Yes people are following the orange ones lead and becoming hateful. That will be his legacy. Let’s make America hate again

Thread Information