Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Depression, self talk, and asking for what you need

Hmm, I looked that enneagram thing up briefly. I think I am whatever personality type doesn’t have any interest in that sort of analysis.

We took the tires. I am spending the afternoon curled up on the couch with dh. He is paying the bills.

I got 5 ("the investigator") when I took it several years ago (the official one) 5 it tends to correspond to Meyers Briggs INTP which I also score. I tend to also have traits of 4-ish ("the individualist") and score highish on it on unofficial tests sometimes, but one can be a type and score high on nearby types (wings), and 5's supposedly mistake themselves for 4s.

Yea INTP types are the types that go to town on these tests!
    Trees don't grow on money

Dh got me to come out and help clear fallen logs and brush in the woods for a couple of hours. I was very aware of being out of shape, and my body is tired, but it is a good kind of tired, an “I did exercise that accomplished something” tired.

I love exercise that accomplishes something tiredness.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I got 5 ("the investigator") when I took it several years ago (the official one) 5 it tends to correspond to Meyers Briggs INTP which I also score. I tend to also have traits of 4-ish ("the individualist") and score highish on it on unofficial tests sometimes, but one can be a type and score high on nearby types (wings), and 5's supposedly mistake themselves for 4s.

Yea INTP types are the types that go to town on these tests!
    I think INFJ also love personality tests, I get a 4 on the enneagram I think, if that is the super individualistic one. The INFJ is a weird one, a lot of people mis-type, and maybe because it is so rare. However I just keep getting it so I am stuck here.

Work that leaves you 'good tired' is very satisfying.

Yes, just did it, and I am almost even split, with results in this order:
    #5 The Investigator
    #2 The Helper
    #6 The Loyalist

Not sure why 5 shows up differently on test I took?

Today I made dh breakfast (he had to leave today) but not lunch.
    cleaned up the tree dh cut down for me
    did my chores
    froze the last of the blueberries.
    made rice pudding
    Froze homemade ice cream
    put the boy goats out in a pen to clear brush - they escaped
    did a load of dishes
    moved four wheelbarrows of used bedding
    read
    watched videos
    showered
    dropped off the recycling
    filed my car with gas
    got groceries
    Made dinner.

i didn’t sleep well last night.
    going into town for recycling/gas/groceries was very hard. I talked to dh about it over dinner and cried. The drive is too long and I kept thinking about all the things i wasn't doing because I was driving and there were too many people everywhere in town.

ok, this is a communication thing - i need to change the thinking around the driving, not find a way to get groceries less often or closer or outsource grocery shopping.

I used to get really annoyed at how long it took to fill the water buckets. Then I timed it. But it still *felt* long. Then I invented bucket yoga - where I do tree pose and concentrate on balance/core/awareness/centering while the bucket fills. So now I feel like it is better use of time - the need to fill the bucket defines the time set aside for the yoga pose. So I need something like that for drive time, but it has to be less focused because sometimes I get too focused and spray water on my shoes. I do not want to wreck the car (dh says no phone calls)

i must go round up those goats and feed everything.

heartgrandson is coming back for the day tomorrow.

godawlmighty you make me tired just reading your daily list.

When I'm watering my plants with garbage cans filled with lake water, because we can't figure out how to turn the outside spigots on, I'm not doing tree pose, I'm just walking back and forth filling my watering can and watering 60 individual plants. I try not to worry about whether it's a good use of my time, because I think my plants believe it is.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What are you thinking about when you are walking back and forth? Also, you are walking. I am trapped standing in one spot. I feel trapped. So I had to find a way to quiet my mind and make being still purposeful.

it doesn’t feel like a very full day. It felt like a slow day. What did you do today?

I wonder if you have ADHD because that was a full day for most people)

Thread Information