Thread: Low Stomach Acid? Apple Cider Vinegar?

Low Stomach Acid? Apple Cider Vinegar?

I have very slow digestion. Sometimes I even feel like I have gastroparesis. (I do have IBS and GERD). But it seems like no doctors think low stomach acid ever happens. Why not?

I have read that upper GI problems can be very similar with too much acid as with not enough. I decided to test it out. I also think my irregular heartbeats are associated with my esophagus/stomach. I began to put just a little apple cider vinegar in a little water before my meals.

It really seems to make a difference. It normally takes forever for food to pass through my stomach. After the first time I took the ACV (apple cider vinegar) right before dinner, I didn't have any irregular heartbeats until the next late morning! I didn't have the bloating or pressure either. Not sure if that was just coincidence or not. I'm trying to do it before meals and it does seem to help with the bloating. Sometimes I do still get irregular heartbeats though.

Anyhow........I wonder if anyone else uses ACV for better digestion? I have tried Betaine and digestive enzymes before, but they didn't seem to help.

Of course, the docs don't seem to ever believe in low HCL acid in the stomach and I'm sure they wouldn't believe that something as simple as ACV could help. ~sigh~

You might make shrubs and drink them; they can be very tasty. Drinking (diluted) ACV is probably not a bad idea, especially as you get older.

https://food52.com/blog/13831-how-to...thout-a-recipe

I like a vinegar and tea combination, or a shot of vinegar with kombucha.

I have apple cider vinegar in water every night. It sure seems to help with acid reflux. I also use it as a hair rinse with water...

Well, the good things it was doing may have been short-lived. It started not working as well. But I think I'll still take it before dinner, at least.

Thread Information