Thread: Happy Father's Day

Yppej

Happy Father's Day

I am so fortunate to still have my father with us. Today we are going on a little excursion.

I hope all the other dads enjoy their day.

My Old Dad was full of pithy advice, like

"Don't vote. It only encourages them."

Gone but not forgotten.

My dad was great! I am sorry for those who dont have a good dad in their lives.

Also, I applaud the numerous great men who take up the childeen of other men and raise them as their own. Special heroes, these guys.

IL, you are so right. I also had a wonderful Dad.

I called my dad yesterday and acted like I hold no grudges.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Also, I applaud the numerous great men who take up the childeen of other men and raise them as their own. Special heroes, these guys.
    Some people call these guys "simps" or "cucks" or other derogatory terms. But they are doing a real pubic service. My uncle raised another man's kid. Good, hard working guy.

I couldn't raise another man's kid though. The men that do that are better than me in that sense, for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My dad was great! I am sorry for those who dont have a good dad in their lives.

I agree. My stepfather was directly responsible for how happy I was in high school. I'm sure he had no clue what he was getting into. He was 28 years old when my mother married him at 38 years old, and he took on 4 kids ages 7 to 17. He didn't have a good parental role model to follow--his own father had been abusive, but he was like a fun big brother--he'd play games and act silly, and take us for impromptu drives to the mountains or Times Square. Most of all, he got up in the morning and went to work at the same time and came home from work at the same time. That was something new for us--a dad we could depend on.

It was crushing to me to have him fall off the wagon when I was just out of college, and have two dads suffer the same fate, but I'm very grateful for those years he was in my life.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information