Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Monday off, and what do I do?

Zoe Girl, I must have missed something. I’m not sure why you are off or for how long?

Hi Chicken, last Thursday my stress and anxiety at work got really bad and I called the supervisors and walked out for a medical leave. I was able to do a couple things before I left, however I am feeling that of course I didn't take care of enough. I had the one staff I actually knew before camp started give me a hug and tell me that no one could have pulled off this camp alone. (so much detail on what I was expected to do with under 2 weeks notice)

Now I had a counseling appointment yesterday, mostly just intake. A Dr appointment tomorrow to look at the hormone impact (hot flashes are creating a level of anxiety). I can't get into the psychiatrist until July 2nd so I set the leave for 3 weeks. I also got an energy healing yesterday that has helped for awhile, I am on my way to see my sister so I am around people every day. I am still struggling to eat reasonably well 3 times a day and drop my caffeine levels but I also feel like a jerk for napping daily.

ZG: you've got to let go of work. You can't fix work with worry and concerns. You are on leave to focus on your own wellness. If napping is needed, nap-no guilt, not a jerk.

Once your on FMLA your healthcare provider determines when you can return to work. Your employer cannot allow you to return until your provider sends them the paperwork releasing you to work.

Focus on YOU!!!

So I went to a different meditation group tonight, I just really needed to go somewhere. It is in the Refuge Recovery program, for recovery from addictions. I went to this one that is actually at a treatment center, so the people are there are 2 weeks and then move on. There were a few people who attended that had appeared to graduate. Most have not meditated before and are in very early recovery.

I liked it, there was a friend there that I have been on retreat with, and so he knows my background and I got to help answer a question. I asked them later if it was okay that I came, I am mostly there because 2 of my kids have gotten off drugs, and then it seems like a good place for my current situation of not being entirely stable. They said it was great and told me to come back, there are many Refuge meetings. I think this could be a good thing to do,

Zoe Girl, I am really glad that you have found a safe space. I hope you can let go of work and take the time you need to heal.

Thread Information