Thread: Getting back on the horse

Getting back on the horse

So, if you read my thread about depression, I got a lot of family support over the weekend, and although I barely slept last night, today is going pretty well.

i am on my own all day, and so dh gave me two tasks - get groceries and work in my studio,

and dd2 gave me a complementary task - follow up on a message she got about a possible pottery consignment opportunity. So I called, and I have an appointment for Wednesday morning.

now I have adrenaline pouring through my body, so hopefully that will get me to the grocery store.

Good job, it is work but tends to keep going once you start. You are encouraging me here

Yppej
    Are you getting any type of professional help? While their intentions may be good I would be resentful of family members treating me as an employee and assigning me tasks.

A therapist would be a really good thing to have right now, CL. You deserve to be happier!

Actually, the assigning me tasks is really good. I have trouble with executive function when I am not struggling with mood roller coasters - Dd knows me, understands my goals for my pottery, and supports them. So she sees this opportunity that she knows will help advance them, but she also knows that the whole idea is going to be overwhelming right now, so she says “do this.” (It will take ten minutes and give you a boost.)

on really bad days i also get orders like “stand up and cone with me.” And “eat this.” That’s usually dh.

i have a bad attitude toward therapists. Not for other people, just for me.

dh praised what I did in the studio today and helped me move a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Actually, the assigning me tasks is really good. I have trouble with executive function when I am not struggling with mood roller coasters - Dd knows me, understands my goals for my pottery, and supports them. So she sees this opportunity that she knows will help advance them, but she also knows that the whole idea is going to be overwhelming right now, so she says “do this.” s.
    I am doing that with my daughter in her move. I am giving her small tasks/orders as I help her. I also am noticing when a box we are moving has a lot of bills and paperwork that is 6 years old and just throwing it out. I also told her if I get to be too much to just tell me but so far it is really helping. She also is struggling with mood and being able to focus

Do you snore at night Chicken lady? I'm wondering about sleep apnea.
    I've discovered that I can be easily distracted from my depression. I'm a hermit, and I guess it lets me think too much about myself and how I'm feeling all the time. So I'm trying to think of good distractions too. Maybe that's why I like puzzles so much......as simple as they are, they can distract me from thinking about myself!

Hang in there Chicken lady........and get distracted! I find that I'm always talking to myself about how bad I feel........and I guess it just takes discipline to focus outward and think about other things.

And yes, it helps a lot to get support from others. Sometimes DH just takes the time to talk to me about my concerns, and I go away feeling better.

I know you don't like therapists......but if you find a good one, they can really help, by offering you a way to perceive things that you haven't thought of.

I worry about if something happens to your husband how you would cope with no one to help you manage. Your kids are developing their own lives and won’t always be so helpful. Another reason to consider professional help.

I met the store owners (two women partners) this morning, and they took EVERYTHING in my 2 sample boxes except one piece with light surface cracking (common result of the surface treatment) I got feedback on 5 things they are interested in more of “but, I like it all, let’s just see which ones sell.”

i didn’t take them any wind chimes because I didn’t have any, but I definitely need to make some up - they would go with the tone of the shop.

Oh Cl, that is wonderful!!!! embrace it!

Thread Information