Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The anniversary party, or, am I nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It could be worse. My aunt is trying to force my parents to go on a cruise for my dad's eightieth birthday. Neither of them wants to go.
    Hopefully they won't succumb. We went (reluctantly) on a cruise for my older sister's 65th birthday. By the time we got home this little adventure cost us $11,600. (this doesn't include getting passports).

She selected the MOST expensive week all summer. Departure city was Vancouver BC-very expensive city. Flying home from Anchorage AK very expensive.

We had never wanted to cruise. Without knowing what her plan was, when asked, we said yes we would help her celebrate her 65th. Her adult children were not happy-1 refused and the other told her she would have to foot most of the bill.

Hopefully Dad will come up with a celebration that makes HIM happy. "everyone come to my house for a lovely dinner/BBQ". "rent a house on the beach for a weekend. ANYTHING that makes him happy.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    I feel so angry and depressed right now that I don't want to do anything to celebrate it at all. After all, it was over last month. I feel like, just let it go.
    Then don't do it. Sounds like you should spend time talking to your spouse to work through all of this.

Thread Information