Thread: Help Wanted: Librarian. Perks: Heavenly location

Help Wanted: Librarian. Perks: Heavenly location

My VT island town is advertising for a part-time librarian position. I know there are some people with library science degrees on this forum. It's only part time, but you could pick up extra hours hauling mulch or directing ferry traffic.

The Grand Isle Free Library has an opening for Library Director. The Director is responsible for all facets of running the library including but not limited to day-to-day operations, maintaining a welcoming environment, programming, interlibrary loans, input on the annual budget, carrying out policies and working with the Board of Trustees.

The position is part-time - 23 hours per week, 20 of which are open Library time. Applicants should have a working knowledge of basic public library concepts and resources and possess a Library Science Degree/Vermont Certificate of Librarianship or be in active pursuit of either.

Come join me!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Hahah, yeah.
    nope.

But thanks for the invitation.
    honestly, New England is attractive to me with its 4 seasons and historic architecture. But I would have to live in New Hampshire where one Lives Free or Dies!

Yppej
    Lives free AND dies, because you don't have to wear a motorcycle helmet in the Granite State. Ah, freedom!

I'm a librarian but I've got my own little side of heaven

It makes me sad when I see so many part-time positions for librarians - generally hourly pay and no benefits. Whatever the general public may think, librarianship is a highly skilled profession and a director will be in charge of millions of dollars worth of resources.

I wish I had a librarian degree; I think we'd come!

Thread Information