Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Our artistic endeavors

Nice work, Happystuff!

I particularly admire the movement in your New Zealand entry, and the rhythm it implies.

Happystuff, your crayon painting reminds me of storm clouds; I like the color and texture implied.

I won a special award for Best Title for a quilt called Teenage Muted Nine-Patch Turtles...

I seem to only be able to work to deadline...I made a doll quilt called Tax Deduction once while putting off a difficult IRS filing.

Happy, I like your crafts too. I missed them somehow yesterday.

Thanks, everyone. It was fun and interesting to step out of my crafting comfort zone.

Clever titles, Jane!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

This is the last floral -related activity of the year, a tablescape design. My tablescape is one of about 20 set up in Hermann, Missouri as a fundraiser for the local historical society.

This event has high standards and there’s always some interesting tables. My favorite of recent years was a table set halfway, With chaos on part of it, and that chaos included (faux) blood splatters and a knife with what appeared to be blood on it. There was a note that said the lady who set up a table cut herself and she had to leave immediately. It was all staged but it was funny.

Another time someone set up a perfect vignette of mid century modern dinnerware plus a mid century buffet that included drinks cabinet and cocktail accoutrements. It was stunning.

My table this year is a full out Victorian effects titled “Victorian Christmas of 1890 “where I use flow blue China from that period. Because these tables have to last 11 days, I used evergreens and freeze dried roses in the floral pieces.

I have future years planned through 2023. I threw this one together this year because I had all the stuff and didn’t have to make anything. In the future I want to do a “Gothic Christmas with the Addams family “and also another year do “a Grinch Christmas. “But for both I will have extensive items to make and I’m just not set up to do that right now.

C21AC130-05EA-4111-97E2-64CEEE4061C5.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice, IL. Love the pattern on the dishes. I would be afraid to actually use them!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Lovely to see with effective colour on the white tablecloth. I am surprised at the shape of the water glasses or is there something that I don't understand. I would have expected goblets for the water.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Lovely to see with effective colour on the white tablecloth. I am surprised at the shape of the water glasses or is there something that I don't understand. I would have expected goblets for the water.
    I actually own old style water glasses, stems, but they are clear. I wanted this punch of color of cranberry glass.

IL: Lovely, and the pictures are even right-side-up!
    I am so intrigued with your Addams Family and Grinch ideas. Please be sure to share these creations when you do them!

Thread Information