Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Our artistic endeavors

Beautiful work!

Catherine,
    I love your poem!
    Polliwog

Here is a collage I made for an upcoming meeting of flower show judges. Our assignment is to make a collage as defined in our handbook. There isnt much plant material on this paining, so we shall see what the group says about that in the critique.

1ADF4581-7EFA-40C0-B72D-C80DDD00B6B6.jpg

Edited to add: just when I think I have figured out how to load photos right side up, this software thwarts me.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I will say that this painting is a copy of one by Conn Ryder. I love her palette.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-16-18 at 7:07pm.

Flower show season has started. I won a few blue ribbons at the last show but this 2nd place design is the one I am most proud of. i made the spiralling thingies out of midellino. This is a damn fine design! If I do say so myself. It did place 2nd next to the best in show design, so there is that.

AA23D5DB-A1F0-4416-9BDC-4B58AAAE9614.jpg

Attachment 2692

The design type is “Reflective” which means shiney materials should be used. The theme was “yachting on the French
    Riviera” so in my interpetation, the blue spirals were undulating waves of the Mediterranean sea.

Haha this is reaching, but I am capable of assigning an interpretation to just about any abstract thing, must be mynEnglish major training.

I really wanted to use the spiral products in this design, that was my main focus.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    69249C07-6EC7-4674-B49C-B3D0426418E4.jpg3BB2EE8E-B4AB-4F98-94D8-F669D7413249.jpeg

I make sampler quilts, thousands of pieces. The brown one was last years quilt, called Farmers wife. I quilt my own on my domestic machine. The colorful one is this years, called Dear Jane. I am 2/3 done in this reproduction quilt. The original was done at the end of the civil war, in those colors. I have interpreted it in modern Kaffe Fasset prints.

In between i make charity quikts. 12 last year, one this year so far, with two more tops done. I lead a charity group and we have made a stack of blocks for charity that we will put together.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    69249C07-6EC7-4674-B49C-B3D0426418E4.jpg3BB2EE8E-B4AB-4F98-94D8-F669D7413249.jpeg

I make sampler quilts, thousands of pieces. The brown one was last years quilt, called Farmers wife. I quilt my own on my domestic machine. The colorful one is this years, called Dear Jane. I am 2/3 done in this reproduction quilt. The original was done at the end of the civil war, in those colors. I have interpreted it in modern Kaffe Fasset prints.

In between i make charity quikts. 12 last year, one this year so far, with two more tops done. I lead a charity group and we have made a stack of blocks for charity that we will put together.
    That briwn onebis lovely! I wouldn’t have thought that I would like a brown quilt necessarily but that one is really really nice. This year’s quilt in the bright colors is more my style so I will be interested to see that when it’s done.

Great arrangement, IL. The spirals are really cool!
    Beautiful quilts, Flowers!

I love the idea of sampler quilts, and these--with small blocks--are exceptionally attractive. Black fabric really sets off the bright colors.

A quickie colored pencil sketch I did of a mouse:
    20190320_134920.jpg

Love, love, love that mouse!

Thread Information