Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Our artistic endeavors

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the photo! Sounds like a brilliant idea! I know what you mean about small space solutions. I have really enjoyed the challenge! Ironically, our teeny kitchen is the most efficient one we've ever had. DH, my Gordon Ramsey fanboy, loves cooking in our kitchen (although he pines for a Viking stove).

My small space hacks have definitely included the use of hooks!
    I think 3M sticky solutions are becoming my best friends.we hung some light paintings with them. I am going to get a sticky cord holder for my co do and paint it wall color. Hooks and mor hooks to hang on wall and elsewhere.

Great solution, IL! Small-space solutions are always a cause for celebration around here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Very nice. That is a very solid looking screen. Is it wood?
    I am not sure. It may be some kind of composite, or may be wood veneer over something. It was cheap in the vintage store.

I don’t know if drilling into it will work hence my plan for 3M sticky hooks.

This photo demonstrates the excellent help I have these days setting up flower show exhibits. Madison Cat likes to assist. I did not pose Madison here. She got up in that space by herself. And in doing so, she pointed out one area that perhaps should filled with some object although some negative space is good.

This is one of the more archane things flower show ladies make, an “exhibition table” which suggests food service using whatever materials but must include some plant material. My plant material is palm leaves.

CFAAB6AF-2D5D-4E7C-A86F-6470FEDE0A55.jpg

What a clever assistant!

I like that piece--I think the palm leaves go well with the colors and pattern of the plates.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Madison really makes it special.

This project got me through the dull winter. It's largely Blackwork, with a bit of cross stitch, Kloster blocks, herringbone and French knots. Off to the framers next week.
    ETA it measures 10 x 10 in.
    20230310_150450co.jpg
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

KayLR, that is beautiful! (as is Madison and your - her - exhibit piece, IL!)

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    This project got me through the dull winter. It's largely Blackwork, with a bit of cross stitch, Kloster blocks, herringbone and French knots. Off to the framers next week.
    ETA it measures 10 x 10 in.
    20230310_150450co.jpg
    that is a beautiful piece! So delicate. And pink and green is always the right color combo choice.

That is beautiful Kay!

Thread Information