Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Our artistic endeavors

This is such a great thread! I am thoroughly enjoying seeing (and reading) your creations.

I'm loving this thread too!

I'll post some toward the end of the week -- got a few other projects to finish first.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quilts quilts and more quilts.....and I knit dishrags when I need zero-brain involved. ICC.jpgBSU Quilt for Cancer Fundraiser.jpgIts About Time-MysteryFabricChallenge2017.jpgNeutral Behemoth.jpgRhythmic.jpg

windown.jpgdoorway.jpg

This is what I have been working on, creatively, in the past months. I have had something like this in my mind for a few years and finally was able to do these two pieces for myself and have done a couple for friends. One is hanging in my bedroom window and is so bright and colorful, the other one is in the doorway going down the hall. Most of the material used is from vintage Indian silk sari's that I ordered from India. Just good size scraps of fabric that I cut into strips and used as the basis. The rest has pieces of scarves cut in strips and then embellishments are anything shiny I have around. Some are old earrings. These were a lot of fun to do.
    Last edited by Sad Eyed Lady; 6-23-18 at 9:21am. Reason: wrong photo
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Those are so pretty Sad, The top is very interesting. Old earrings are such an interesting choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    windown.jpgdoorway.jpg

This is what I have been working on, creatively, in the past months. I have had something like this in my mind for a few years and finally was able to do these two pieces for myself and have done a couple for friends. One is hanging in my bedroom window and is so bright and colorful, the other one is in the doorway going down the hall. Most of the material used is from vintage Indian silk sari's that I ordered from India. Just good size scraps of fabric that I cut into strips and used as the basis. The rest has pieces of scarves cut in strips and then embellishments are anything shiny I have around. Some are old earrings. These were a lot of fun to do.
    Love these! I use vintage saris on my windows.
    I see batches of scrap fabric from silk saris on ebay, and I wondered what people do with them.

Now I know one project!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gorgeous display, IL! I love how the different leaf shapes are so different, yet complement each other!!

Can we do other artistic media? How about poems? I wrote this a long time ago.

I Kissed It

I was ironing the other day
    And I found myself
    Kissing
    My son’s white T-shirt
    Size 8
    It was a silly thing to do
    I did it anyway

I was wondering what to cook the other day
    And I found myself
    Kissing
    A small rutabaga
    It was a silly thing to do
    Kissing a rutabaga
    (Purply-waxy little thing!)
    I looked around sheepishly
    To be sure I was alone
    And I kissed it

Some things make sense to kiss
    You kiss a spouse
    You kiss a cheek
    Or two, if you’re in France

But there are things
    So beautiful
    So wonderful
    So awe-inspiring
    (To my eyes anyway)
    That the desire to kiss them
    Is irresistible and I…
    Sshhh,,,
    Just have to sneak a peck

A silly way (to be sure)
    To simply say
    Thank you
    THis is nice! Many of my flowers are kissable, but I just touch them and tell them how cute/sweet/pretty they are.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I see batches of scrap fabric from silk saris on ebay, and I wondered what people do with them.

Now I know one project!
    I have also seen little bags made out of saris, I have one that is less than 2 inches square with a zipper for keeping my little stones in.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Now I know one project!
    That is where I bought mine, on ebay. I have two fairly good size pieces that I haven't cut up and used because they are so beautiful. They have a lot of beading and sequins, and things like that. Not sure what I will do with them yet.

This is a wonderful thread, so inspiring to see what everyone is doing.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information