Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I save?

Auto savings deducted monthly have been my saving grace. Even a small amount is something and most likely not even missed. I just consider saving money like a regular expenditure as I am paying myself. As far as home decor goes, I keep a small notebook in my purse at all times with lists of what I am looking for (shape, size, color, etc). If I am in a thrift store or near a store that might carry what I am looking for, I will pop in and see if they have it. I rarely make dedicated trips to buy things like home decor and I mostly window shop online to get ideas but not purchase.

Great posts/suggestions! It took me a while but I figured out that the best way to save money is simply to not spend it. Good luck!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Great suggestions. First thing I would is keep track of my spending in detail. I found some holes in my wallet where I was spending more than I'd guessed on trivial things and impulse spending

When it comes to decorating I always shop my own house first. I will move plants and other decorating items. I will rearrange the furniture. A change that way can work wonders.

My sugestion is to grocery shop at places that only sell groceries. If You shop at a store that sells everything under the sun, you will find something you didn't go in to buy.

Thanks to all your responses! I would take note of those things. Probably, the first thing I should do is to sort out my priorities. Staying away from shops that could be tempting is a good idea.

Thread Information