Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I save?

Auto savings deducted monthly have been my saving grace. Even a small amount is something and most likely not even missed. I just consider saving money like a regular expenditure as I am paying myself. As far as home decor goes, I keep a small notebook in my purse at all times with lists of what I am looking for (shape, size, color, etc). If I am in a thrift store or near a store that might carry what I am looking for, I will pop in and see if they have it. I rarely make dedicated trips to buy things like home decor and I mostly window shop online to get ideas but not purchase.

Great posts/suggestions! It took me a while but I figured out that the best way to save money is simply to not spend it. Good luck!!!
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Great suggestions. First thing I would is keep track of my spending in detail. I found some holes in my wallet where I was spending more than I'd guessed on trivial things and impulse spending

When it comes to decorating I always shop my own house first. I will move plants and other decorating items. I will rearrange the furniture. A change that way can work wonders.

My sugestion is to grocery shop at places that only sell groceries. If You shop at a store that sells everything under the sun, you will find something you didn't go in to buy.

Thanks to all your responses! I would take note of those things. Probably, the first thing I should do is to sort out my priorities. Staying away from shops that could be tempting is a good idea.