Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long term care insurance

Most LTC plans taken out at an earlier age expire around retirement age and then the premium soars with limited benefit as many services are not included.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensmom View Post
    I am retired and have group life insurance through my previous employer (no premium). My husband has group life insurance through his employer (no premium) but it will end when he no longer works for the company. I have group LTC insurance again through my employer. The yearly premium for the LTC is $297.00 because I took it out at age 49. I don’t know if I will ever use it but I’ve had it 15 years, have paid a total of $4455 which is about the monthly cost of a nursing home. I don’t think much about insurances and didn't plan for them, it was just part of my employment benefits back when and continued into retirement.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Most LTC plans taken out at an earlier age expire around retirement age and then the premium soars with limited benefit as many services are not included.
    Must be because I got a group policy, premiums have not increased and I am well past retirement age (although I did retire at age 49) and nothing in the policy about an expiration time/date but who knows what will happen tomorrow.