Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child detention/immigration/...

It is easy to create mindless fear to create a mindless mob mentality. The image that usually comes to my mind is the madness of the French Revolution in mob action.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

And remember - this has all happened before. They covered this in middle school when I was a kid:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ism-180961915/

That link was really interesting. I had heard of the Know Nothings but had not realized the depth of their political reach. Sure does seem like a repeat of the same story. Throw in the isolationist policies of the 1920's that I have read about and history is repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    And remember - this has all happened before. They covered this in middle school when I was a kid:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ism-180961915/
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I found out from a Facebook post that a local agency has some of the children. They asked for new underwear and small portable toys. I dropped some off at lunchtime at the church agency that is collecting items. I hate that this is happening, but these children are here now and need basic stuff, so I'm doing what I can.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

It seems that this might be back in the news. I am sorry it ever left the news because I think it is something that should be discussed. But, I feel the media is busy covering the distractions and not the actual events.

They are also trying to adopt out some of the kids whose parents were deported. Betsy DeVos and her friends are benefiting financially of course. Sickening!

Thread Information