Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cute little house

Yes, this is an extreme house, but there's something about its simplicity that is appealing to me. At the same time, I get why many wouldn't like it as a "live-in" house.

So far, my experiment living with my SO in a 700 sq ft space is telling me that its not an issue. In fact, I LOVE it. If I misplace something, a quick scan turns it up. I am finding it's much more efficient to just do the few dishes we use rather than load up the dishwasher--in fact, we may replace the dishwasher with a hot water heater larger than the 10 gallon one we have now! (What's the use of a nice clawfoot tub if you can't get enough hot water?)

I know it's summer, and winter might tell me something completely different, but I am so totally fine with living in a small house it's surprising in a very pleasant way. I have just what I need, and no more.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

How nice Catherine, to be so content with your choice.

Offhand, it's a nice looking house but could use hand railings! There are steps and no railings. That's a consideration if you could lose your balance. These models are about the size of where I live in terms of square footage. I find my space to be adequate.

Glad that this got bumped up for another look. I couldn't live with all the levels but it is cute.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information