Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: How does your garden grow?

IL....I hope you don't mind.

IL's pic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    IL....I hope you don't mind.

IL's pic.jpg
    yay, thank you!

When I was about 8 yrs old I watched my farmer dad put 3 stitches in his own knee from a cut he got while skinning a raccoon. He saw no reason to pay a doctor. But he almost passed out and had to stop at 3 stitches. And I calmly watched the whole event.

I've been picking my tomatoes early, because it seems if I leave them to ripen on the vine, they rot. They're not very tasty this year. But like I always say to DH "They don't taste that great, but they're red." haha
    I've been freezing them....which is soooo much easier than canning.

I continue to have cucumbers out the wazoo. In fact, I make a bunch of that Danish cucumber salad several times a week, eat raw cucumbers, make some refrigerator pickles, and I still have too many. I'm going to throw some in the food processor and add it to my compost pile that is only for fast-disolving things.

My swingset butternut squash is doing incredibly well. In fact, it's taking over some other veggies.

I've learned that if you pick off your lower peppers when they're fairly small, who grow more further up. If you leave the bottom ones, they get huge, but very few grow after that.
    I'll have a ton of rosemary to dry. And my later pole beans are just now taking off. Good thing I bought a smaller extra freezer last year. It's already full.

I did buy a peck of peaches and froze them. Here's hoping we don't have too many power failures this winter.

I have tons of holes around in the inside of my garden fence........(mice/chipmunk).......but fortunately, they must be finding other things to eat, 'cause I haven't seen any chewed-on veggies.
    I love my solar electric fence. No coon attacks on tomatoes this year.

Thread Information