Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How does your garden grow?

It was a glorious day here, today. It makes such a difference in my productivity! Weeded, dug up myrtle, -periwinkle- sprayed the roses that look so sad, every time I'd spray it would rain. I mowed some area of the garden area that were overgrown, badly. My husband mowed and mowed, picked blueberries then mowed again. We had 7 inches of rain in June, then it was hotter than I like. So this 80 degree low humidity day was wonderful!

Times like this I wish
    I had a good camera and better knowledge of light. Here is a pretty corner of our community garden, and a better photographer could get it accepted as a “ Wonderful Gardens” entry.

8F800249-C917-48A4-A4C2-A1A7DB43D8E5.jpg

What a beautiful garden! It must be so peaceful to be in and and work in it. I love pergolas. DH thought we should take the pergola in the back of the house (in the garden) to the front of the house where we could see the lake, but I rejected that idea. I love the idea of being "Mary, Mary, quite contrary" just sitting, maybe reading a book, and watching my garden grow.

What kind of vines are on top of yours? I've seen wisteria used, and I was thinking of looking into that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Lovely, IL.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    What a beautiful garden! It must be so peaceful to be in and and work in it. I love pergolas. DH thought we should take the pergola in the back of the house (in the garden) to the front of the house where we could see the lake, but I rejected that idea. I love the idea of being "Mary, Mary, quite contrary" just sitting, maybe reading a book, and watching my garden grow.

What kind of vines are on top of yours? I've seen wisteria used, and I was thinking of looking into that.
    It is a grapevine, and we also have a bit of passion flower.

One year we had one pressing of the grapes and made some very bad wine. But anymore the birds eat all of those grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is a grapevine, and we also have a bit of passion flower.

One year we had one pressing of the grapes and made some very bad wine. But anymore the birds eat all of those grapes.
    Did You stomp the grapes? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Did You stomp the grapes? 😁
    Haha, I do not remember how the grapes were pressed. i wasnt there for that activity.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Did You stomp the grapes? ��
    We have a grape stomp festival in our little town every year. I'm not sure why. Grapes were not part of the history of this part of the Ozarks. Tomatoes and goats were about all anyone could grow here. But, they have fun with the big stomp in the huge vat. Teams dress up and stomp to a selection of music much like a lip sync competition.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Today I made a second picking on my high bush blueberries. (I have 2 robust plants)

After washing the blueberries, I put them into a 2L glass batter. The volume is a bit more than 6 cups of blueberries. I am looking forward to a pie.

000_0246.jpg

Yppej
    I am getting a few tomaties and the basil is doing well. The squashes keep blooming but don't produce anything. There are plenty of bees on the property so I don't get it.
    Last edited by Yppej; 8-6-18 at 5:57pm.

Thread Information