Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting through the days

Great point ZG about not isolating--I definitely do that when I am depressed, and I also ruminate and have those sleepless nights you are describing.
    I wish I could reflect and not ruminate, but I don't have that skill down yet.
    I am following some of the thinking you are doing about your work situation, and I think you are having some good insights.
    I guess I would consult with an employment lawyer, since it sounds like your leave may or may not be FMLA, and that the workplace has had a pretty bad effect on your health.
    Anyway, hope the new meds help with the sleepless nights and the rumination--I know for me, getting out in the world with other adults and doing things out in the world where I can ground myself in reality is really, really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Great point ZG about not isolating--I definitely do that when I am depressed, and I also ruminate and have those sleepless nights you are describing.
    I wish I could reflect and not ruminate, but I don't have that skill down yet.
    I am following some of the thinking you are doing about your work situation, and I think you are having some good insights.
    I guess I would consult with an employment lawyer, since it sounds like your leave may or may not be FMLA, and that the workplace has had a pretty bad effect on your health.
    Anyway, hope the new meds help with the sleepless nights and the rumination--I know for me, getting out in the world with other adults and doing things out in the world where I can ground myself in reality is really, really helpful.
    where are you getting the idea that her leave is not FMLA covered?

I too think ZG getting out and about to see people and talk to them is important. She often talks about this need in her life, and now she has time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    where are you getting the idea that her leave is not FMLA covered?

I too think ZG getting out and about to see people and talk to them is important. She often talks about this need in her life, and now she has time to do it.
    I got that idea from her comment that she had saved vacation days and sick leave time that would cover being off.
    It was my understanding FMLA was unpaid. So if she was taking sick time, then why would she be taking FMLA?

FMLA is only unpaid after you exhaust vacation and sick time, and i have a lot of time. Probably part of the reason i ended up in this position, i called HR to verify this

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    FMLA is only unpaid after you exhaust vacation and sick time, and i have a lot of time. Probably part of the reason i ended up in this position, i called HR to verify this
    Oh, I get it now, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I kinda get that gardnr, but I also could spend all day, every day, at home in silence and alone. I do need to get out and make some social contact on a regular basis, it would be so easy to just isolate. It would be different I think if I lived with my kids or a partner and saw people on a regular basis. I did have a nice hang out time with my roommate last night, other times she works very long days and was just on vacation for 2 weeks so a LOT Of solo time.
    It makes sense if you see it as isolation.

Thread Information