Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saw my counselor, different prespective

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I like the jacket.
    I do, too.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Glad your counselor is helping you focus on how this situation is not meeting your needs. Have you discussed job searching with him yet?
    Personally, I have to have pockets in a jacket or pants.

Great jacket. Perfect. Not too formal, but clean and tailored looking.

Because I'm in business, I was surprised when you even asked the question about "should I wear a jacket"--In work settings I always "dress for success" in the sense of being cognizant that what you wear says a lot about you. So even if you aren't in business and can get away without jackets in interviews, make sure your outfit says "Disciplined" "Capable" "Dedicated."

For instance, when I moderate interviews, I don't have to dress up, because the respondents come to interviews in casual clothes. But clients come to watch, and I do a reverse Tiger Woods (he always wears red the last day of golf tournaments). The first day of research, especially if I haven't met the clients, I ALWAYS wear red. A red shirt, a red sweater. Anything red.

So, I think the white pants with little black dots are fine, as long as they're not polka dots, which can look juvenile.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Great thank you, I am in education which sometimes seems more informal. On a daily basis my principal wears nice jeans and chuck taylors. So I also don't want to look like I am seeking something more than the job offers. I never see any of our admin wear more than a structured sweater, and the superintendent often wears jeans.

I see how my department is obsessed with accountability, especially towards my colleagues and I. But very light on actual support.

Is this too funereal?:

https://www.jjill.com/product/wearev...cket?color=780

Honestly, lately when I am looking for a work type outfit or wedding or something I go to ebay and look for Flax, as they work with everything, can go up and down, and I get them for under 50 dollars. But they are used.

I just looked and found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/221244820833

it comes in other colors but I bought the yellowish one--this is not a good thread for me to be on, I guess.