Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: do you eat in bed?

No TV in my bedroom, but I’ll often be in bed with laptop or phone.

Yeah tradd, someone else eats in bed! Now to get my cheese and bag of chips

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Now that I have basically a room I am renting, and the downstairs area I can also use and share does not have a couch, I find I am snacking in bed. Oh wait, I pretty much always have done this but was better about it when I had a larger apartment to myself.

What do you think about eating in bed? Any good stories of mishaps? I just spilled tea a couple times and boy does that stain!
    NOPE! Bedroom is minimalist. No TV, no eating, no reading.....2 purposes and sleeping is one of them

We had two house rules.
    Eating in the kitchen only.
    Don't stand on furniture.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    We had two house rules.
    Eating in the kitchen only.
    Don't stand on furniture.
    I often was heard yelling at my kids: "Why are you taking that out of the kitchen?" Same house rule.

In my humble opinion, it is good to have a bedtime routine which puts the bodymind in an optimal condition for slumber. Accordingly, it is not a great idea to eat or drink (anything but water) within 4 hours of bedtime. Outside of 4 hours before bedtime, if a person wants/needs to eat in bed, why not? A tray helps contain the crumbs and spills.

Last things before blowing out the candle, if applicable: dry brushing skin, moisturizing skin, brushing hair, cue koto music (or other audio for transition to dreamland).

Never. But I never eat at the table, either. I usually eat in front of the computer. Eating + reading has been my habit from a very young age.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Only sleep and well, you know, going on in our bed.
    Yes, some snacking allowed.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I do eat in bed. It's where I read and often where I draw and write. I have spilled countless bottles of water and the odd cup of tea as well. I recently managed to drop a whole bag of raisins (and there's always dog hair on the floor, blech)

I try to avoid anything crumbly. Last night I was snacking on olives and a bag of snow peas.

Yppej
    Yes, all the time. I also use a towel to catch crumbs.

I do everything in bed - read, watch TV, pay bills, make up to do lists, and use my tablet. In winter it is the best because the covers keep me warm and I can minimize my heating bills. In the summer I can put the ceiling fan on.

Thread Information