Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend getaways

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

But for her family and friends to truly size up your character you should be sleeping alone on an air mattress in a non air conditioned room in one of their houses, or on the couch.
    Why?

We often got for long weekend trips to favourite places in Europe, like Florence, Lake Garda, Brussels, Bruges, Amsterdam and Paris. So far this year, we’ve done our usual 3 Weeks in Greece, four nights in Milan, 2 nights in Dijon, 3 nights in Amsterdam.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Why?
    Adversity tests character.

oh brother!

How much more adversity must I go through to pass the character test?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Eureka Springs, ARkansas is a fun weekend trip for us.
    One of our first trips in the plane was to Eureka Springs. There were no rental cars available so the airport would let you have a old government car to use. If you wanted to make sure there was one available you had to pay $5. We got a old Chevy Tahoe that had about 150000 hard miles on it. You didn’t have to worry about speeding because anything over 55 the front end would shake to much. But it got us to town and back.

We kind of live in a vacation spot, but we do like Key West and St. Augustine just to get away. We are planning on going up to Savanah and Charleston later in the year.

Might not a weekend getaway require taking a day off (or two even)? Well never mind me (ha) but my boyfriend never gets a day off except maybe for xmas (and no you can't take it another time instead because it is only because they shut down the office). So on the 16 the of Nevuary as they say, that's when we'll take a weekend getaway. In other words ain't ever gonna happen. I took vacations once, yea that's one of those things that work better when you have both money and are single of course!
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    How much more adversity must I go through to pass the character test?
    How much more implies you've actually gone through some. What have you done to demonstrate to her family that you are a keeper? Sleeping with her, watching movies together, and going with her on vacations where she pays her own way don't count.

How much more implies you've actually gone through some. What have you done to demonstrate to her family that you are a keeper? Sleeping with her, watching movies together, and going with her on vacations where she pays her own way don't count.
    There is a lot to unpack here. You referred to "sleeping with her." Do you mean like actually sleeping or do you mean fornicating?

Yes, we do watch movies together. She picks one to watch, then I pick the net one, then she will pick one again, etc. I think you can explore a person by exploring what that person likes. Sometimes we watch something totally unknown to both of us. That is interesting too.

So had I paid for her vacation, would that be demonstrative that I am a keeper? So a man being a keeper is defined by how much money he spends on the woman?

Tell me, besides sleeping on an air mattress, what are good ways to demonstrate to her family that I am a keeper?

Thread Information