Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend getaways

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Someone as vehemently against having children would have had a vasectomy a long time ago. I think quite the contrary, UL is not at all afraid of the procedure. He just secretly wants to preserve the option to have a child just in case he might fall head over heels for a woman who wants to procreate.
    Dude. I am scared of the procedure. I don't want a knife cutting into my junk!

I actually have fallen head over heels for a woman who wanted to procreate. And this woman was amazing!
    -She was Ugandan but grew up in Ivory Coast. She spoke English and that beautiful African French.
    -She had a PHD in Epidemiology.
    -We both love doomsday apocalypse movies and books
    -She was totally non-religious
    -She loved world travel
    -We had so much fun together
    -She was smart, funny, beautiful, and off the charts sexy
    -She abhorred clutter
    -She really liked Harlan!

I could go on.

When she told me she wanted to have my babies, like totally outright, I was so torn up. Why? Because I knew no amount of love and attraction would make me want to have kids. She and I split and it was heart wrenching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Uh, this is where I say "go screw yourself". You're an idiot.
    Mature, well-reasoned response, and certainly within the guidelines of this forum and its moderators.

My wife had a very difficult pregnancy that culminated in a hair-raising (at least for me - so much blood!) c-section. Her OB made it clear about the risks for my wife going forward, so I decided to eliminate the danger in the most certain way possible.

The only real consequences for me were the fairly moderate pain over a long weekend with a bag of frozen peas in my pants and the chagrin of the appointment for testing my output for harmlessness.

It’s not like I had to slay a dragon for her. It was well within my limited store of courage, and I have no regrets.

Yppej
    After my tubal I thought I'd be able to go back to work in a coupke days but felt awful and had to leave the office and go home. But it was a temporay symptom worth the long-term solution of not taking artificial hormones.

An interesting episode of Seinfeld involves the elimination of the sponge from the US market. Faced with no better method, Elaine buys as many sponges as she can, but other women have the same idea and no more are to be found. She must then evaluate potential sex partners to see if they are worthy of one of her remaining sponges.

So no good temporary methods out there for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

So no good temporary methods out there for women.
    Want to know how many temporary methods are out there for men? One. Condoms.
    So cry me a river.

Women have a smorgasbord of temporary birth control options.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    My wife had a very difficult pregnancy that culminated in a hair-raising (at least for me - so much blood!) c-section. Her OB made it clear about the risks for my wife going forward, so I decided to eliminate the danger in the most certain way possible.

The only real consequences for me were the fairly moderate pain over a long weekend with a bag of frozen peas in my pants and the chagrin of the appointment for testing my output for harmlessness.

It’s not like I had to slay a dragon for her. It was well within my limited store of courage, and I have no regrets.
    Good on you, amigo! I mean that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Adversity tests character.
    Have you been to Buffalo?

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Wow, this thread! I hadn't looked at it until today---like so many other times, I decide to check out an unread post just to see where it's gone from the beginning. Kind of a hobby. Wow, from "where do you go for weekend getaways," to "go screw yourself." In six pages....not a record, but still impressive.
    See what you missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B. View Post
    How bad is Buffalo?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary B. View Post
    Yes. And I enjoyed reading Big Russ and Me by Tim Russert, set there. Both generations worked as garbagemen, which by the way is a great way to build character through adversity.

Thread Information