Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: Weekend getaways

  1. #31
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Might not a weekend getaway require taking a day off (or two even)? Well never mind me (ha) but my boyfriend never gets a day off except maybe for xmas (and no you can't take it another time instead because it is only because they shut down the office). So on the 16 the of Nevuary as they say, that's when we'll take a weekend getaway. In other words ain't ever gonna happen. I took vacations once, yea that's one of those things that work better when you have both money and are single of course!
    I think you and your boyf ought to just move out of LA and go somewhere totally new and start over. If you are miserable all the time there, what is the point?
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  2. #32
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    How much more implies you've actually gone through some.
    Oh, I have.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post

    Tell me, besides sleeping on an air mattress, what are good ways to demonstrate to her family that I am a keeper?
    Protect her health now or when it becomes relevant. Since you every month or so bemoan your singlehood and swear off trying to find someone including on dating sites only to land up a few weeks later with someone else, use condoms. Even if not all these relationships are carnal enough are that you could transmit an STD even if you are asymptomatic.

    Since you don't want kids get a vasectomy.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Protect her health now or when it becomes relevant. Since you every month or so bemoan your singlehood and swear off trying to find someone including on dating sites only to land up a few weeks later with someone else, use condoms. Even if not all these relationships are carnal enough are that you could transmit an STD even if you are asymptomatic.

    Since you don't want kids get a vasectomy.
    She and I have both been tested for STDs and are thus far healthy. We are monogamous. And she uses a form of birth control that I administer to her.

    So we are being careful. She is also rapidly approaching the age where pregnancy is a non-issue, really.

    I am not getting a v-sec.


    Okay, what else must I do to prove I am a keeper.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    There are post-menopausal women who have given birth including one in England.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    There are post-menopausal women who have given birth including one in England.
    There are 23 year old women who are totally infertile.

    You know it is extremely unlikely that a woman will get pregnant after menopause. So get back to what hoops I need to jump through to prove I am a keeper.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    It is not hoops to jump through and check off a list as done. It is a mindset of unselfishness, sacrifice and responsibility. For example, I am responsible for my students loans, not the taxpayer. And so you can trust me to be financially responsible with your beloved family member. If we get married or sign a lease together et cetera and things don't work out I am not going to stick her with my debts even if legally I can.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It is not hoops to jump through and check off a list as done. It is a mindset of unselfishness, sacrifice and responsibility. For example, I am responsible for my students loans, not the taxpayer. And so you can trust me to be financially responsible with your beloved family member. If we get married or sign a lease together et cetera and things don't work out I am not going to stick her with my debts even if legally I can.
    What makes you think I am not unselfish? What makes you think I am not making sacrifices? And what makes you think I am not responsible?

    You seem to be implying a lot abut my character, which seems rather unfounded.

    No one but me can ever legally become responsible for my student loans. If I married someone my loans still remain mine and fully in my name.

    She owns a home (has a mortgage with the bank). So we'd not likely sign a lease any time soon.
    的 came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    She and I have both been tested for STDs and are thus far healthy. We are monogamous. And she uses a form of birth control that I administer to her.
    She is bearing the risks of the birth control side effects.

    Condoms and vasectomies do not have these side effects. Condoms also protect against viruses like HPV which men are generally not tested for, and which can cause cervical cancer. I don't see one shred of unselfishness here. Quite the opposite. But then again you have stated before that you see women of a certain age as desperate to marry, and so think there is a power imbalance that you can exploit.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    The debts I was referring to are ones you might incur jointly, not ones you have already, and which she could be stuck with if you don't pay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •