Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Iceland?

Anyone been to Iceland?

Anyone been to Iceland? Thoughts? Experiences? Ideas?

A lot. I love it. I got a job offer there last year and almost moved there. I may still. I'm going over in November for the Reykjavik rock music festival, Iceland Air has some insanely cheap travel+hotel+festival-tickets offers now.

I have not been, but my Dd and sil have. There are two airports in Iceland. If you accidentally book a flight into one and out of the other, you will get to buy an expensive and not very relaxing unguided bus tour.

also my parents went and “really enjoyed it“, but they did the “old people with money” version.

and my in laws stopped there on a cruise and learned a lot of stuff that may be true that mil would love to share with you. But she did not enjoy it. Unsurprising as she rarely enjoys anything and also believes that the purpose of travel is not enjoyment, but to broaden your experiences (so you can inflict them on other people with slides)

so, yeah, the only trip I have any interesting details on is the non tour bus tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

and my in laws stopped there on a cruise and learned a lot of stuff that may be true that mil would love to share with you. But she did not enjoy it. Unsurprising as she rarely enjoys anything and also believes that the purpose of travel is not enjoyment, but to broaden your experiences (so you can inflict them on other people with slides)
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    LOL!
    I could probably sit by the mother in law and converse in negative fashion with her about Iceland. It is just not my cup of tea, it seems like not a nice place to live. From St. Louis there are direct flights to Europe, WOW airlines to Reykjavík So I suppose one of these days I’ll be taking one of those flights but I doubt that that really counts as being “in Iceland”.

Oh, you don’t get to “converse” unless by “converse” you mean make short sympathetic or admiring comments as illicited.

it took me years to discover I could actually just think about something else and ignore the entire presentation and she would actually not notice. And that she would then - in the absence of any feedback from me at all - tell other people how much I had learned or how much I had enjoyed the slide show. Once I fell asleep and dh woke me up when it was over.

My brother went recently and I've had cousins go to compete in the world highland games a year or so back. I'd love to visit.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

My Dad was stationed there during WWII. He said that they had rooes between the buildings so you wouldn’t get lost and freeze to death during blizzards). Fun times!

I rented a dvd from the library about Iceland. After seeing it, Iceland holds no interest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I rented a dvd from the library about Iceland. After seeing it, Iceland holds no interest for me.
    Hahaha, you can join our “no to Iceland” group!

cL’s MIL is the President.

Thread Information