Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Weekend getaways

I think I'll explore the possibility of setting up a private forum that only you two can access, then you can move your feud there where the rest of us needn't be bothered.

I'm a believer in the sparing enforcement of guidelines because strict adherence more often than not punishes a one-time indiscretion and results in bad feelings for all involved.

This scrap has gone on for weeks and shows up in virtually every thread you two participate in. I believe it's time for you two to either agree to ignore each other or allow me to create a special place for you to continue your feud in private.

What do you say?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    My life is not an irreparable wreck. I have risen above adversity.

I do not have kids plural.

You are not the sort of person I would be interested in at all. You are probably the only person on the planet who would describe yourself as "incredibly handsome". You wanted more details so you can now add vain to the list. And your personality is offputting.

My job may pay less but it is better than yours. I am not a call center fundraiser. And I've worked in a call center and there is no shame in it, but I do not envy you your occupation.

Williamsmith

Yppej
    Sorry Alan I posted while you were posting. I have put that person on my ignore list so I will not be baited into responding to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think I'll explore the possibility of setting up a private forum that only you two can access, then you can move your feud there where the rest of us needn't be bothered.

I'm a believer in the sparing enforcement of guidelines because strict adherence more often than not punishes a one-time indiscretion and results in bad feelings for all involved.

This scrap has gone on for weeks and shows up in virtually every thread you two participate in. I believe it's time for you two to either agree to ignore each other or allow me to create a special place for you to continue your feud in private.

What do you say?
    Not needed. I will just ignore her if our debate is bothering others.

Thanks to you both.

Now, what about those weekend getaways?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We have not had good enough dog care for weekend getaways, and my husband hates to leave them behind anyway.
    I am thinking if we want weekend getaways, we are going to have to buy a trailer.
    Those of you with trailers who take your dogs, how have you dealt with barking? Or do you have perfect dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We have not had good enough dog care for weekend getaways, and my husband hates to leave them behind anyway.
    I am thinking if we want weekend getaways, we are going to have to buy a trailer.
    Those of you with trailers who take your dogs, how have you dealt with barking? Or do you have perfect dogs?
    I had not thougt about barking as being a problem in a travel trailer, but uou are right. For me, it isdistrusting an air conditioner in a trailer. If it goes out, the dogs are dead after a fairly short time.

Right now I am trying to find a small house to rent on Air bnb in August for a two night trip. Need a separate house because our barker will bark, and motel or apartment will not work.

We had him in a casita in New Mexico where he could lounge around on the sofa (covered with our coverlet) and he was just fine. In other situations I do not trust him.

He will stay home with a sitter at $30 a day if we cannot find a small house on Air bnb.

Thanks Alan.

Our sweet little old English sheepdog puppy has developed this horrible Hound of the Baskervilles bark. It is terrifying. She is also afraid of her shadow--she barked at my husband's pile of dirty clothes that he left on the toilet while taking a shower--did she think he had deflated, like the witch in the Wizard of Oz?

Two days ago she barked hysterically at a plastic bag that had blown into the yard.

She barks if I brush my hair. Does she think the brush is attacking my head?

Anyway, I worry. We took her to my parents but we made the 15 hour trip in one day just so we didn't have to take them into a motel.

Thread Information