Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labyrinth Walk

That is really cool, Float on!
    I like doing labyrinths - I'm not sure about mazes with tall hedges. Maybe I'll try a corn maze this fall.

I've done a couple of Labyrinths but only 2 corn mazes. I do not like mazes.

The one and only time I walked a labyrinth was with a friend on a very COLD windy day in November several years ago. Not a good experience since the only thing I could think of was getting finished and getting somewhere warm. I need to do it again in optimal weather conditions.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I think a maze would just make me think of The Shining. Of course many things make me think of scary books and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I think a maze would just make me think of The Shining. Of course many things make me think of scary books and movies.
    See, now I thought you'd really like a labyrinth with your meditation work. Not a maze...those are designed to disorient you a labyrinth is designed to help you calm.
    This has good info: It's about releasing on the way in, receiving, and taking it out with you.
    https://www.veriditas.org/New-to-the-Labyrinth
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    This is why I don't park in parking garages - they give me the creeps.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    This is why I don't park in parking garages - they give me the creeps.
    Oh.My.Gosh who designs those things? I'm forever lost and confused in them. If I can't park on the first level or the very top...I'm done for.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks for the guidelines and web site for Veriditas. I'm looking to do more of them I walked a lovely one in Indiana..cannot remember the name of the convent, but it was a great experience to see the church, attend the noon time prayers and then walk the mown path. I am not Catholic or a church goer, but love the feel of the places. We have St. Elizabeth Seton's home about 30 minutes away and the church is a wonderful place to sit and meditate. There's a grotto, too.

Thread Information