Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labyrinth Walk

Labyrinth Walk

So I took a mini day retreat on Wednesday. I found this through a Labyrinth Locator webgroup a year ago or so and finally connected with the owner to go walk it. I try to walk one anytime I find one in my travels. Very good way to tackle some thoughts, clear the mind, pray, etc.

36364351_10216596734452752_9111720865891876864_n.jpg
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Is this a similar idea to the one with high hedges that keep you lost until you figure out?
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

I used to mow a labyrinth into our hayfield. Did not do so this year because thought we were moving.
    The dog liked walking there, too, so maybe it works for animals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Is this a similar idea to the one with high hedges that keep you lost until you figure out?
    Similar. The High hedge mazes with dead ends and confusion came along a bit later but the original Labyrinths are meant as a one way in circular walk in which to meditate and think. Normally I'm drawn to the SW side of a labyrinth I think because I'd like to move to the SW again (I'm very at peace and at home in NM) but this time I was really drawn to the NE side. I'm not sure if it was because I'd just put a son on a plan to go to MD or because the NE side was under a hillside and had a beautiful rock "wall". I'm drawn to rock! I actually went kind of blank on the SW side and don't even remember walking that area of the path.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

We have one where I sometimes walk. That is the only one I have ever seen.

Float On, thank you for your post and sharing about labyrinths. I had no idea of these types of labyrinths existed so looked up more info and found it very interesting. Hmmmm, now to find a labyrinth to explore.
    https://www.storytimeyoga.com/kids-y...ren-and-teens/
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

There are a couple Facebook groups and if you Google labyrinth locator there is a website you can look up by state. Public and private. Some people build them and allow people to walk with permission. I'd like to build a small one.

These things always make me want to walk fast and finish the task. Iím not a good match for this. 😄

We have a new meadow and I wanted to mow a meditation path, but I'm having trouble keeping up with the rest of the yard, so it's on hold for now....but I keep imagining it.

I walked the labyrinth in Grace Cathedral in San Francisco. The light streaming in from the stained glass windows was everywhere ecstatic. I came on a day when hardly anyone was about. The silence was awesome.

At the shop I bought a golden metal facsimile of that labyrinth, which now hangs from a hook in my sunporch... a frequent visual reminder.