Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to wear to a job interview??

What to wear to a job interview??

I need some help--I just got an out of state job interview in a college setting for a low level administrative position.
    first of all--I am utterly shocked I got the interview, but be that as it may, what to wear?
    All I know is I have to make a presentation, and there will be air conditioning, but it is South Carolina in the middle of summer, so HOT!

What would you all wear? It has been so long since I got this kind of interview, and I need help. I figure maybe black pants and some kind of jacket, don't want to do a whole suit thing, and I got hot really easily, and don't want to be sweltering, want to feel comfortable. I just ordered a flax shirt jacket thing that is kind of golden in color.
    When I presented in Orlando, I wore a blue flax shirt and a black skirt and black flats, and that was formal enough and comfortable. I tend to be more comfortable in skirts but it seems like people wear pants to these sorts of things these days??

I will probably ask for interview advice later, but for now, am just thinking about what to wear. . .

I wouldn't rule out a skirt; I'm guessing one would be perfectly acceptable in S. Carolina.

Thanks,Jane!

Congrats on getting an interview.
    I'd probably do a khaki skirt, low heal (closed toe), maybe a 3/4 sleeve dress shirt like this Capture.JPG. Can be dressed up with simple jewelry or summer scarf.

Other than at horse events when I'm in SC I see lots of skirts and golf polo shirts. Comfort in humidity and heat.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks, Float, I like the shirt, nice and tailored. Would you do black shoes with that ?

I'd probably do a twin set (cardigan and matching sleeveless shell) and a skirt or pants.

I like the twin set for winter but I think I would fry in summer, unfortunately, but like the matching set idea.

I would wear a skirt. I am surprised you are looking to return to full time work.

Do you have any information on what the people in that office routinely wear?

I've typically seen applicants who figure that out, and then dress at that level or slightly above it. There's a fine art of not appearing too stuffy, but signalling that you'll fit into the culture.

Tybee. Khaki skirt black or brown depending on the bag I'm carrying. I like Capture.JPG or Capture2.JPG. Casual, easy to walk across campus.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information