Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faking it?

You definitely need more time off to regain yourself.

ZG: Tomorrow I plan to rise about 15 minutes before sunrise. I will sit, looking out my windows, facing the rising sun. I will wish you ease, comfort, satisfaction... and luck. Be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Just going a little bonkers! Writing crochet patterns, going to lots of meditation groups, walking and weeding.

But breaking my identification with this job is going to be a process isn't it.
    I said it early on: you need to simply BE. You are very focused on DOING. It took a LONG time to get to this state. It's going to take time to heal from it.

going back to work part time? That's not part time. You're sucked back in 24/7. You know that's how YOU are built. You will not walk out and leave it there.

Take a deep breathe. Listen to your provider. Take every minute of FMLA they are willing to give you. Personally, I don't think 3weeks is enough.

I totally agree

that sounds nice dado,

Yeah, I was somewhat diagnosed with PTSD with the EAP counselor. I think the closing eyes and being nervous to go to public places probably counts. I am making notes to bring to my new counselor on Tuesday. I think that is the place to work on, the couple of times I lost my temper with my boss are definite places to start. I mean he is really difficult but I have not lost my temper with a boss in 30 years.

Meanwhile I have been going to as many meditation groups as I can. I find sitting at home is about 10-15 minutes at most but I can do more in a group.

Idea- When you feel stir crazy that’s the time to concentrate on finding a different job. That is not the time to think about returning to the current job.

Just adding my 2 cents Zoe, if I were you I would try to listen to all the good advice given above. It is easier to
    think you are ready at home because there is so much less to do, but once you get back to work all the will change again.
    And, remember even if you are half days you will be 100% aware of what is going on there again.

Take your time. Maybe your local library has some interesting programs going on.

Thread Information