Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How high is the temperature today in your part of the world?

Kenosha Wisconsin with the heat index is 109. Are you kidding me

I am staying with my brother tonight because our area of hotel in
    Des Moines is flooded.Crazy weather.

Yppej
    Highs in the 90's and humid. I set my alarm and went out before 6 AM to get some weeding done.

We've been upper 90's with heat index 105-110. It's miserable to me. I can barely function. The other day I wrote "Heat Depression -it's a thing" on my facebook status. Then I thought, I better look that up. And it really is a thing. It's still SAD (seasonal affective disorder, but less people get it than the winter version).
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

It's 56 with a high predicted in the mid 60's today. 20 miles inland though is a completely different story.

Expected high of 103 degrees today in Phoenix; will be 107 degrees on Wednesday 4th. That's why there's little/no outdoor picnics/bbqs here which are always depicted in ads - we do that in winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    We've been upper 90's with heat index 105-110. It's miserable to me. I can barely function. The other day I wrote "Heat Depression -it's a thing" on my facebook status. Then I thought, I better look that up. And it really is a thing. It's still SAD (seasonal affective disorder, but less people get it than the winter version).
    Weather here is much like Float On said, upper 90's and heat index over 100. That is interesting about the SAD in Summer version because I have been noticing, (and commenting to a friend), about how much I hate Winter, can't wait for it to be over, look forward to warm weather but yet now that this weather is here I feel much the same! I feel I need a break from the heat, can't take it much longer, etc. - the way I feel when it is cold! I wonder if as we age do we have less tolerance for temperature extremes?
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Yppej
    Or the extremes are more extreme and more frequent due to climate change.

At 69, I have much less tolerance for heat and cold. I did weed for 30 minutes yesterday to complete one flower bed. When weeding in the shade sometimes only part of a flower bed gets weeded. My husband went out at 6:30 to pick blueberries. I LOVE air conditioning! 95 today predicted, but it did go down to 62 last night.

I think it's as we age we can't take the swings anymore. I am interested to hear about the heat version of SAD because boy, I seem to have it. And I have the winter version. Just like Sad, I can't take this much longer--it was 97 yesterday and the heat is like a hot blanket over everything, and I can't breathe. We are supposed to go out and watch the Blue Angels, which I normally love, but I am worried about walking from the car to the park in this heat.

Thread Information