Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Declutter fail: When you need a shirt for painting but you decluttered all the unloved t-shirts.
    That does happen, doesn't it?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

To funny Rosa!

I am starting my big summer decluttering (yay!) and still have a dream of getting rid of 1,200 items in one year, though the closest I've ever gotten is somewhere in the 700s.

I'll have to look back and see what other totals from other months this year were to see where I'm at, but for this month, I'm starting with the 10 dried-out magic markers from my daughter's art corner that I got rid of yesterday.

Two useless ornamental objects added to the donation box.

Yppej
    More papers. I have now completed my decluttering goal for 2018 and have started working ahead on 2019. I also got rid of a gardening shirt, replacing it with an existing double-layered shirt that I don't have to wear anything under.

I have the goal to get rid of a set of 5 built-in shelves we had added to our living room some years ago. We will still have another set of shelves in that room, but it will leave an area clear for me to fit a desk in there and I really could use a desk. This means I need to move or declutter 5 shelves of stuff. Some of the books and items on those shelves are absolute keepers, so books/objects elsewhere in the house are culled to make room for those, if that makes sense. Anyhow, I have decluttered 9 books so far.

By the way, DH and I were at a concert Thurs. We resisted buying t-shirts not only from a frugality perspective, but also neither one of us wanted a new clothing item in on the spreadsheet!

Donations delivered. Now to start a new pile.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Donations delivered. Now to start a new pile.
    Jane, just curious: how far along are you in your donations, percentagewise? I know you've mentioned an ongoing decluttering/donation for some time now and I am admiring of your persistence. Have you chipped the mountain down to a molehill?

In my case I was down to where almost everything was functional and usable or decorative - not at a minimalist level but less than most - right up until my SO moved in. I now have a very full garage, full bedrooms, and 11 full bookcases throughout.. oh well, his many other good qualities make up for this, but darn ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Jane, just curious: how far along are you in your donations, percentagewise? I know you've mentioned an ongoing decluttering/donation for some time now and I am admiring of your persistence. Have you chipped the mountain down to a molehill?

In my case I was down to where almost everything was functional and usable or decorative - not at a minimalist level but less than most - right up until my SO moved in. I now have a very full garage, full bedrooms, and 11 full bookcases throughout.. oh well, his many other good qualities make up for this, but darn ...
    I move slowly--literally and figuratively; I have more stuff than some, less than others. I'd very much like to downsize eventually, and would prefer to have less to pack.

Jul 14 to Jul 22nd
    I have really really slowed down, but to my credit I have been posting for sale things that
    don't sell in a given time frame and out the door...lol
    --Sold on KIJiJI today one large Bookcase
    ---In Garbage 3 bottles of stuff outdated or really shouldn't have bought in the first place
    --1 stained tea towel cut up for rags
    Total so far 89 items I have gotten behind on my 5 a day but, this is still good!

Thread Information