Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Our house came with a big shed in the backyard which DH loves because it holds all his junk. At least it is hidden. IL maybe hire out some of those tasks when your husband is gone taking care of his dad.

Today I have finished going through our armoire and closet. Another pile of items in the thrift store box. A small pile of t-shirts for hubby to take to the cabin for outside work. The ones he has there are ready for the trashcan.

I have a LOT of clothes that don't fit d/t weight gain in the 3y since my knee injury. I'm giving myself 1 year to take it off and wear these clothes or I'll get rid of 80% of my clothing next summer. I should be able to walk and cycle aerobically again in Sept/Oct.

Yppej
    11 hangers. When asked by store clerks if I want the hanger I have started saying no.

I've almost got a car full and plan to donate Monday. Then start all over. Four yard bags full of clothes as well as miscellaneous household items. I'm segueing into ruthless mode.

Yppej
    Old baking soda from the back of the fridge.

Jul 10th to Jul 13th
    --1 pair of really old holey slippers to the trash, again they had stretched all out and were not
    comfortable to work and probabley not safe either.
    --1 stained tea towel and a stained napkin.... trash
    --1 book to charity
    I have a lot more stuff on KIJIJI and Etsy but that doesn't put them out of the house yet so not counting
    Total to date 84

A framed picture that was a gift from long ago that I don't really like was added to the donation box yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our house came with a big shed in the backyard which DH loves because it holds all his junk. At least it is hidden. IL maybe hire out some of those tasks when your husband is gone taking care of his dad.
    The novelty of hiring stuff out has taken hold in my brain, and now I plan to hire the guy this fall to dig out encroaching bushes at our community garden. There is no law or rule or executove order that says someone in the community garden must do all of the work. My money, my choice!

This is what I oove about money, it gives is options.

We have hired out some stuff to speed things along. Good plan to do that!

Declutter fail: When you need a shirt for painting but you decluttered all the unloved t-shirts.

Thread Information