Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

July 9th
    --2 Yard Plastic foot stools out to the street...picked up in 15 mins
    --5 planter/containers and 1 pkg for starting seeds...to curb and gone in 2 hours
    --2 more magazines to seniors home
    Total to date 80
    Yes the ladies made me laugh too, we need to laugh at ourselves when we think of all the stuff we have accumulated..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I had a dream last night that someone came and put back in my house a bunch of stuff I had gotten rid of
    That's not a dream - that's a nightmare!!!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    A bottle of gelatinous vitamins that had congealed together in the heat.

I just recently moved from an old decrepit house I've lived in with a range of different adults and children over 26 years. To a new home. Purging felt great. I brought many things in boxes and they are in the garage still. Even pots and pans...I am loathe to start bringing in more than absolutely necessary. I love this clean, uncluttered life.

Today I went through my nightstand where I keep undergarments and swimsuits.

Trash: 1 swimsuit, 1 bra, 1 hose

Goodwill: 5 bras, 1 spanx

i also discovered I have another 16 pr of black athletic socks-my preference for work. I'm set for another 2-3 years!

Yppej
    Some papers.

Finally! we purged the broken, useless greenhouse. So we are down another tiny house, haha.

But DH made me furious in the process. I cleaned it out and hired someone to remove the glass ( much of it broken) take out the bolts, pull it down and haul it all to our alley where it will be picked up by the garbage man or metal scrappers. So, yeah, it was my plan.

But I came home to find DH had removed all of the glass and was beginning to tear it down. Nooooooooo!!! He had two years to do that. Too late!

His mowing is far behind. His mower is broken and he has to fix that. When that is done he’ll have to go to Hermann to mow. Then he has to go to Iowa for several weeks, off and on, to take care of his elderly father. Our front porch is half way painted. Plus, heavy gardening season.

He has no time to do this low level labor of greenhouse gutting. . I was crazy mad!

Anyway it ended fine. The guy I hired removed the rest of the greenhouse. But of course, DH had to keep every scrap of the aluminum because he might get some money for it! Oh yeah, he will get about $10 for it. Thank the gods he hauled it off right away or I would have beaned him with all of that rusty old aluminum.

IL, sometimes I think we are married to the same man)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL, sometimes I think we are married to the same man)
    Ugh, I know! They like saving their stuff!

Yppej
    The ages are wrong, but it sounds like you married my son!

Thread Information