Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Yppej
    A couple more plastic forks. I don't suppose the weeds I spent two hours pulling count, do they?

2 more big bags of stuff in my car for thrift store drop off today. I never bother to count. It would be interesting to know how much stuff I have gotten rid of through the years.

I also sold 2 sets of pet steps and have 1 more to sell. My 2 little dogs fell off of them more than once. I didn’t want that to happen to the 2 I have now.

I tear out articles from magazines and stack them in a bookcase. Well, those 2 stacks equaled 10" of paper. Today was the day! I looked at every article/recipe.

Retained less than 1 inch: gardening ideas/info, workout tips, recipes. The rest is in the recycle bin 1 book in the thrift store box.

Yppej
    More plastic silverware. I have also been deleting old emails, hundreds of them going back to 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    More plastic silverware. I have also been deleting old emails, hundreds of them going back to 2015.
    OMG! I get nuts if my inbox is over 50

Ten books so far this weekend!

I am purging iris. I am in the process of moving a couple hundred cultivars from St. Louis to Hermann. It will take a full year+. Probably I will bore all of you with this process.

I will probably take 10% with me and have to fine homes for the rest of them.

i am digging iris for special requests after I dig the best rhizomes for myself. This will probably get rid of another 20%-30%.

After that , I plan to invite members of my Iris
    Society and my garden clubs to dig iris next May 2019 while they are in bloom. That is because, by then, there wont be signs to identify cultivars.

Jul 23 to Jul 28
    Also, like mschrisgo2 I having been taking pictures and posting for sale on KIJIJI and Etsy
    I have posted 100 items on Etsy and sold two this week. These items have all been put in bins so I
    know were there are if they sell. But, also they are on there till Nov so if not sold it will tell me they were
    not worth the effort (but, really not that much effort) and they can go to donate.
    100 items seems like a lot but it is mostly purses, patterns, and fabric and there is more....lol..

---sold another piece of fabric on Etsy and 1 large padded envelope to mail
    --2 magazine to recycle
    really slowed down but, that brings the total to 92 not my goal but, I am really pleased
    Also, like mschrisgo2

I rounded up another 10 books to go out, so I've hit 20 for this weekend again. I'm feeling pretty pleased about that!

Thread Information