Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

July Purge

I have culled three shirts to be donated. In the midst of the summer season, it is easier for me to assess what summer items I really don't want to wear and to enjoy the many things I own that I do want to wear. This brings me to a net outflow of 15 clothing items in 2018.

Rosarugosa I am in for July...I have been lacking off on the decluttering and a lot of other things too....lol
    Taking July 01 as the first day of this half of the year and getting my life in order.

4 pc sheet set ---charity
    5 magazines---recycle
    1 old photo album taken apart pictures of scenery out...those of people kept
    1 more old photo album taken apart but it was a good fancy one so off to...charity
    1 Christmas towel...charity
    1 pillow I was repairing for a friend fixed and returned to her...it was at my sewing machine for months.
    1 cloth bag.....for another friend same as above
    1 pair of pants turned into capri's for Dd....same deal as above.
    1 wrought iron plate holder...had enough room in pantry for my large dinner plates; mostly only use for company
    Total today is 16...aiming for 150 for the month

Also, posted 13 items on KIJIJI and some on Etsy...but sadly they are not out of the house yet

I'm finishing up the handstitching on 2 new charity quilts that will go to group on July 14 That will be 11 yards of fabric out of my stash along with a piece of batting 54*120!

I sent a whole box full of odds and ends of "hardware" and tools to my church for Circulation Day---
    which was postponed from yesterday to next Saturday, as the teens wanted to go to the march for "Families Together!"
    Side note, I am so proud of those kids! They also organized a carpool and rounded up about 85 adults to go.

Yppej
    A lunchbox. I could never get it really clean despite washing it in both the sink and the washing machine. I replaced it with one that sparks joy.

Some dingy plastic utensils. The remaining unbroken pieces of a set of plates and saucers.

July 02
    --3 books to charity
    --grocery bag of paper from sewing room to recycle
    --small bag of bit and bobs from craft/sewing area to garbage
    Total to date 16

July03/18
    5 books to charity
    1 bag of stuff from craft area to charity
    1 bag of stuff from craft area to garbage
    1 large bag of old patterns bought and created by me over many decades (things I will never ever make again)
    , stuff clipped from magazines...many,many articles and ideas (all available online on Pinterest now) no need to keep! Recycled
    10 pieces of jewellery to charity gift shop
    8 baskets to Dd
    2 dental floss I don't like to Dd
    1 bean bag stuff toy (not sure were it came from...lol) to charity
    Total to date 45..Yeah I am on a roll! My sewing craft area is all cleaned and sort. Of course doesn't mean there isn't more
    I could move but, for know it is better and I can find what I do need.

Yppej
    A charger of unknown provenance I found in the glove box. It's too hot to do much.

T-shirt and book taken to Mom to disperse. She enjoys giving stuff away. Putting out a pair of shorts to give away, another pair will go after Laundry. A favorite t-shirt is getting small. Haven't decided if it goes yet.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

July 04th and 5th
    6 pair of shoes/boots to charity (why do I continue to buy shoes that are uncomfortable?)
    ------------------I think I would be better off paying more and having comfort.
    1 pair of shoes in garbage
    1 small box of odd and ends of Christmas stuff....to charity
    Total to date is 53

Thread Information