Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Your efforts are impressive and motivating!
    Finally cleared out the old DVD and all the controls, some china ornaments, unused oven gloves to Habitat for Humanity. I collect stuff in an old laundry basket and then it just sits there.
    Took two bags of garden waste from garage to composting centre.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    A clotheshanger. A free water test kit I brought home from Home Depot, then a day later I got the annual water quality report with my water bill. 5 saucers. A blanket left at the house by my ex that he didn't want back at the time, and which reminds me of him. 8 more pieces of plastic silverware. 3 bracelets - I never wear these because they annoy me when I work at the computer. 4 items of clothing. Two packages of mouse bait that never worked. A Tupperware lid. 5 hairclips because I just don't ever see myself letting my hair grow long again. 4 DVDs. An almost empty bottle of glu (I have another one).

The blanket went on its own. The rest filled up the kitchen trash bag starting to smell in the summer heat.

Danna, I don’t own many shoes but they are comfortable. I love easy spirit and they are expensive even on sale.

I agree, uncomfortable shoes aren't worth it even if they are free. I love Rieker and Merrell brands.

Geila
    I'm mentally preparing myself for a pretty big purge and I know it's going to be hard because I'm down to all the stuff that is still in excellent condition, still useful, I still like it, but I don't need it or actually use it. It's all in the garage in plastic bins and while I could justify putting up shelving and keeping it, it's just excess stuff and the unfortunate side effect or consequence of living in a consumer society and having enough money to buy new things when the desire dictates rather than actual need.

I so often wish I wasn't so easily seduced by new and shiny stuff but alas, I am just like every other average American consumer. Too much stuff.

Nice to see you again, Geila!
    Two pairs of pants and two vases out. I like to have an assortment of vases because I enjoy having cut flowers in my home, but there can definitely be too much of a good thing.

July 6th
    Thanks for the shoe recommendations I will look into those.
    Geila it is nice to see you here again! And, you are right we wouldn't have so much if we could resist...lol

8---tomato cages to the curb and someone picked them up in less then an hour.
    Hopefully now someone will use them instead of them rusting in the back yard.
    Total to date 61

Geila
    Thanks for the welcome rosarugosa and danna!

Yppej
    The key to a shed I tore down several years ago. I also removed some keys I rarely use from my key ring and put them elsewhere. It feels so light!

July 7th and 8th
    --2 more magazines to friend
    --1 grocery bag of fabric scraps to garbage
    and 1 much larger bag ot fabric scraps to charity....yes I have sewn all my like and keep thinking
    I will use these (I have a ton of ideas in my head always) I haven't so I won't there gone.
    This feels like an amazing load off my shoulders/mind.
    --1 large piece of fabric SOLD on Etsy it felt good to make a little money off something I have hung on to, too long.
    --1 broken picture frame
    --1 Stain Glass Angel Ornament that was given to me years ago---to charity
    Total to dale 70...yeah

Thread Information