Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Manufacturers Howling about new US Tariffs and Chinese retaliation

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    When you are done making stockholders and retirees rich, spoiling the overseas workforce and bending over backwards for the whining America cheapskate consumer .....it’s a wonder there is any money left over for the hard working businessman.
    What is your solution?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    What is your solution?
    ”It’s easy. All you need is Love.”

Lennon/McCartney

It's sort of a conundrum that people, or at least some people, want more products made in the US, but are probably not willing to soak up the increased manufacturing costs. I'm old enough to remember the Carter Reagan years when we had double digit inflation and interest rates. And the subsequent recession when the fed used monetary policy to keep inflation in check.

What is your solution?
    I think it has something to do with the proletariat seizing the means of production.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think it has something to do with the proletariat seizing the means of production.
    like Africans seizing farms and Venezuela. I’m not sure that is working out as intended. At least not for the majority there.

Williamsmith
    A nice balance between the proletariat and the bourgeoisie seems appropriate. To produce wealth, you have to have a working class willing to sell their labor. Seems like cutting grass and shoveling snow demands higher wages these days. Who would have thunk it? That class of person doesn’t have stock investments, meaningful healthcare, much more than an old 70s model trailer to hole up in and an old F150 without a tailgate. He needs a hug and a bottle of Colt 45.

A nice balance between the proletariat and the bourgeoisie seems appropriate. To produce wealth, you have to have a working class willing to sell their labor. Seems like cutting grass and shoveling snow demands higher wages these days. Who would have thunk it? That class of person doesn’t have stock investments, meaningful healthcare, much more than an old 70s model trailer to hole up in and an old F150 without a tailgate. He needs a hug and a bottle of Colt 45.
    Reading this makes me think I should look into robotics stocks.

Reading this makes me think I should look into robotics stocks.
    Im sure its the future. Tractors can be run remotely by gps now, when labor cost get to high will mowers and snowblowers be far behind. We’re already using fewer and fewer checkers at the store and fast food places. I don’t think higher wages will cause the trend to change.

But now we have very low unemployment so there are still plenty of jobs out there. So I guess wages can go up from here. I have no problem with that, whatever the market will bear. But company’s must make a profit and it has to come from somewhere. If wages go up so must prices. At least to maintain the same ROE.

What more does an 18-20 year old kid need? I wouldn’t think mowing grass and shoveling snow to be a long term career plan.

What more does an 18-20 year old kid need? I wouldn’t think mowing grass and shoveling snow to be a long term career plan.
    In my neighborhood the problem would be finding teenagers willing to do that sort of work.

Thread Information