Thread: Saw DR update

Saw DR update

I saw the psychiatrist today and that is always good. I really like my Dr. So i stepped up on my medication since it has been a week, and feeling okay. Then he said it won't be effective for 2 more weeks, so that means i could feel really good! So far the good feeling is just being away from work.

We have a check in planned when it is supposed to start really working.

I am kinda getting how serious this is, something like 40% of people with my diagnoses get suicidal. I have managed this without getting there, mostly cuz meditation saved my life 30 years ago

I did not take my asthma seriously until one PCP sat me down and gave me a very stern lecture on the possibility of actual death due to asthma. That was my wake up call.

My secretary died from a asthma attack. I also have it now.

I have asthma, and all of my kids. I remember being diagnosed in my 30's and my mom saying in her most frustrated voice, "oh ZG that is nothing'. Geez, there was actually one summer I did not send my oldest to visit them because she has a peanut allergy and asthma. A teen in Canada had just died because they treated asthma instead of the allergy. So I told my mom that E was not safe with her, that changed her from sending us peanut MM's at Christmas to actually paying attention and believing me.

I realize now how incredibly passive aggressive that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I have asthma, and all of my kids. I remember being diagnosed in my 30's and my mom saying in her most frustrated voice, "oh ZG that is nothing'. Geez, there was actually one summer I did not send my oldest to visit them because she has a peanut allergy and asthma. A teen in Canada had just died because they treated asthma instead of the allergy. So I told my mom that E was not safe with her, that changed her from sending us peanut MM's at Christmas to actually paying attention and believing me.

I realize now how incredibly passive aggressive that was.
    that wasnt passive agressive, it was setting a boundary. Good for you!

Oh no, i meant my mom sending peanut everything at the holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Oh no, i meant my mom sending peanut everything at the holidays
    Oh, ok. To me that is more aggressive, not much passive about it.