Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating Merka tomorrow!

Celebrating Merka tomorrow!

Hey, what are you doing to celebrate Independence Day tomorrow?

Chillin' & Grillin'? Parades? Parties?

Burgers and potato salad for 2. We'll go to the lake to watch the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Burgers and potato salad for 2. We'll go to the lake to watch the fireworks.
    Mmmmm! Sounds good and fun!

I am going to the heart of Trump country -- my home town!

They have a parade where the star spangled banner is flown about as often as the bars & stars.

There'll be pick'em up trucks, souped-up tractors, dune buggies, cherried-out muscle cars, old ladies playing accordion, 4-willers, crotch-rockets, water balloons, feral pit bulls, opioid junkies, drunkards, winos, wanna-be gunslingers, "militia men," rednecks, hillbillies, a klansman or two, poachers, and me.

Low-key here: a movie, lunch out, then a pool party at a relative's house. Have to keep cool, it's going to be 107 degrees here in Phoenix.

Going to a friends for a cookout, and then going out on the boat to watch fireworks.

No idea what we're doing. I'd like to see some fireworks -- we haven't the last couple of years because it's either been too hot or the fireworks were someplace hard to get to (and low, so they weren't very visible from outside the venue). It's supposed to be very hot and humid, with thunderstorms, so that may not happen either. We have a(n extended) family member coming to visit for a week so some of the agenda will be up to her.

Maybe it's the weather; maybe it's other things, but I'm just not much into celebrating 'murrica this year...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Oops -- looks like we have plans...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Wow. Must be a super-secret plan. I haven't heard a word. Alex is such a reliable source...

In Kenosha so will be hanging out with friends and doing whatever they have planned.

Thread Information