Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebrating Merka tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I plan on eating the charred flesh of various animals along with some highly processed foods. I will thank my primitive sky god for being born here, and cheer for our mighty war machine and all the good people who serve her.

I will spend some of my ill-gotten privileged wealth on alcohol and explosive devices, and display our striped symbol of oppression for all to see.

Then I’ll take a nap.
    I DEFINITELY will NOT cheer our mighty war machine! Ridiculous that we spend $720 billion and the next closest country spends $72 billion. What a waste of money!

Will spend the day leisurely eating bbq and relaxing!

Happy Merka Day! Whooooooooooo-hoooooo! Yeah!

Last night, we had our kids and our two best friends here (my realtor and her husband) to our house for drinks, food, and fireworks. The fireworks are right over the lake, right in front of our house!! So nice to not have to fight traffic to see fireworks!

Today our kids are coming up and we'll probably spend time on the lake.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    My sister in law has a little cottage on a lake nearby and part of the quaint enjoyment of sitting on the shore today will be the “boat parade” where owners decorate their pontoons with patriotic themes and circle the lake blowing horns and hooting and hollering. I think you have a gem of a spot there .......enjoy!

Private citizens, local, state, and federal agencies, along with a for-profit corporation, respond, self-organize on-the-scene, and save some folks.

'Merica.

http://www.islandssounder.com/life/o...boat-accident/

I hope those 72 hours of work allow for some naps or you could be one of those heart attacks!

Thanks, Bae, for helping with the rescue and for being a first responder.
    We had a boat taking on water with a pregnant woman in it that happened during the Blue Angels airshow, which took some real coordination on the part of the rescuers. But they managed to get to her with a helicopter and rescue swimmer, so all ended well and we are fortunate to have such skilled first responders!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Last night, we had our kids and our two best friends here (my realtor and her husband) to our house for drinks, food, and fireworks. The fireworks are right over the lake, right in front of our house!! So nice to not have to fight traffic to see fireworks!

Today our kids are coming up and we'll probably spend time on the lake.

Lovely! This is all so great for you, husband, and kids and grandchildren.

Though not feeling very patriotic, I rode my decorated bike in the parade, always fun. Afterwards there are concerts in the park and food and crafts booths. I volunteered to work a couple hours at the booth for my country dance group (making snowcones.) I watched some of the concerts and dance groups. We walked over to the school field to watch the fireworks in the evening - quite a show.

The weather was ideal, everything went well, but, I dunno, I'm still feeling cynical about the whole thing.

there are less and less public fireworks etc. festivals we were noting. This stuff used to exist but less and less every year. I'm not particularly pro-firework though so ... but neither were there other public festivals bands etc.. Not a lot of public activities for the 4th of July at all. Maybe it being a Weds didn't help though.

Now you might say this is just because everyone has given up on the 4th of July. Only there was a constant sound of fireworks (set of by individuals even though it is illegal most places) all night. That and sirens, and one imagines: ok who blew off their hand this time ... The powers that be campaign against this but then provide few public ways to see fireworks at all ...

so american society in the year 2018 is anarchistic (that's not purely bad or anything) but community focused not so much so. Bowling alone uh .. fireworking alone that is.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information