Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating Merka tomorrow!

Williamsmith
    Pennsylvania just legalized fireworks for average Joe. I’m planning on launching bottle rockets and Roman candles out over the settlement pond and blowing holes in the common areas of the community with M80s and 100s. That should test the patience of the Home Owners Association board of directors. Entertainment for all.

I really REALLY hope there are no, or very limited fireworks in our area. The fire danger is high and parts of Colorado are burning of course. Part of the state burns every year. No fireworks, no throwing cigarette butts out the window, no extreme flaming grills,

Thinking about checking my renters insurance

We are going to a restaurant with a rooftop to eat and drink and watch fireworks.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-3-18 at 2:56pm.

probably stand around watching free fireworks with in-laws as it were. I never really get much say in how holidays are spent. I have come to dislike them really. I'm surprised I don't go awol. not that it matters at this point, I don't lack free time.
    Trees don't grow on money

I plan on eating the charred flesh of various animals along with some highly processed foods. I will thank my primitive sky god for being born here, and cheer for our mighty war machine and all the good people who serve her.

I will spend some of my ill-gotten privileged wealth on alcohol and explosive devices, and display our striped symbol of oppression for all to see.

Then I’ll take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I plan on eating the charred flesh of various animals along with some highly processed foods. I will thank my primitive sky god for being born here, and cheer for our mighty war machine and all the good people who serve her.

I will spend some of my ill-gotten privileged wealth on alcohol and explosive devices, and display our striped symbol of oppression for all to see.

Then I’ll take a nap.
    This is hilarious!

Praise god and rah rah for ‘Merika!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I will be going to a few day's late victory party for Lopez Obrador in the 85006 - Lopez Obrador of the far left and of course just having won the Presidency of Mexico with his new political party Morena - no PRI or PAN President for Mexico this time around and given that Mexico is my safety valve against some of what America is and what it has become, my take is that my July 4th is well spent celebrating that Obrador won in Mexico.

I will also display a few Mexican flags this year as a display of support for Obrador's win and for continuing gratitude that much more sanely priced medical and dental is only three hours away from me across a border. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Pennsylvania just legalized fireworks for average Joe. I’m planning on launching bottle rockets and Roman candles out over the settlement pond and blowing holes in the common areas of the community with M80s and 100s. That should test the patience of the Home Owners Association board of directors. Entertainment for all.
    Excellent!

We plan to go for a drive and enjoy a small-town parade. Then we will host a few friends in our back yard. The repast will be devilled eggs and brats.

I have ancestors who took up arms the American Revolution, and fortunately they all survived the war.

My toast will be to the POWs of the American Revolution, who endured (or not) the prison-hulk ships of the Royal Navy (such as HMS Jersey) or Livingston's Sugar House in New York City. There will be a little round table and an empty chair, salt upon the bread I baked, and an upturned glass.

"Remember, freedom -- it is not free."

Pulling 3 24-hour duty shifts in a row over the blessed events, as it is our highest-call-volume week of the year.

Drunken tourists, brushfires from illegal fireworks, boaters running aground, heart attacks from the stress of all the cheer, etc. etc.

Woo hoo!

Thread Information