Thread: tattoo font ideas

tattoo font ideas

So I am taking opinions for the font to use for my tattoo. It would be on my right forearm at an angle so that it is something I see all the time. The phrase that gets me through a lot is from Dune, part of the Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear. It will just say 'fear is the mind killer'. I already know I don't want it to be typewriter style.

One I really like right now is called Bleeding Cowboys.
    https://www.1001freefonts.com/bleeding-cowboys.font
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That would be perfect for a Firefly tattoo like 'you can't take the sky from me'

I have three small tattoos:
    - The number 42 (from Hitchhiker's Guide). The font is like an electric alarm clock. Nothing fancy.
    -I have "So it goes" and it is just in a regular typeface, life from an old typewriter. It is fading and spreading though, as it is old.
    -The Atheist Pirate Fish.

I am also considering another tattoo. Here is my font idea. I was thinking of getting the word "free" tattooed on my chest, very small, in Arabic. The font would be in my friend's handwriting. She is a Syrian refugee.

My son’s friend had his brother write his tattoo. Is there someone whose handwriting would be meaningful to you?

Hmm, maybe one of my daughters? My oldest is the tattoo designer (of her own work) and my middle loves Dune more than the oldest.

How about the ransom font? It looks like a bunch of letters cut from magazines/newsprint.

I have a small tattoo on each of my forearms - just so I can see them. The 2nd one is the heart my dd appends to her signature all the time and the other is my ds's actual signature (he spent years while growing up perfecting to his liking-lol) they are both in their actual handwriting. Getting it written by one of your children will give it added meaning! Good luck and have fun planning it out.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I would say a casual script. Nothing too formal or with too much flourish.

Something like this: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c0/af/a4/c...c6ea3ff767.jpg

I don't have tattoos, but I am interested in fonts.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information