Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump up in polling among Hispanics

I’m a dad. If I didn’t vote against my best interests with some frequency, I wouldn’t be doing it right.

On the other hand, anyone arrogant enough to presume they knew my interests better than I do would have a hard time getting my vote. Immediate family excepted, of course.

The bigger problem is we should have term limits for congress and the senate. Making a career out of politics is bad for the country because many of our politicians could care less what the people think since they are bought and paid for by big business, wealthy, etc. Also the parties used to work together to get things done. That ship has long sailed.

The 85006 must be in total crisis mode now!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The bigger problem is we should have term limits for congress and the senate. Making a career out of politics is bad for the country because many of our politicians could care less what the people think since they are bought and paid for by big business, wealthy, etc. Also the parties used to work together to get things done. That ship has long sailed.
    I don't care how long they serve, but we have got to get big money out of the game. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't care how long they serve, but we have got to get big money out of the game. IMO.
    Except for big taxpayer money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The 85006 must be in total crisis mode now!
    This sort of thing could lead to anarchy. How do we know whose vote to suppress? How will the Democrats know who to take for granted and who to vilify?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The bigger problem is we should have term limits for congress and the senate.
    It seems to me that term limits:

- restrict the peoples' ability to choose the representatives they desire
    - hand over the power to the political parties completely - they will simply anoint the candidate-of-the-week in a back room, who will be nothing but a puppet. (Look at how this works in Mexico, for instance.)

The fundamental problem seems to be in how our citizens vote.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It seems to me that term limits:

- restrict the peoples' ability to choose the representatives they desire
    - hand over the power to the political parties completely - they will simply anoint the candidate-of-the-week in a back room, who will be nothing but a puppet. (Look at how this works in Mexico, for instance.)

The fundamental problem seems to be in how our citizens vote.
    AKA the term limits we have now.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Thankfully I can report that here in the 85006 Trump does not poll well with Hispanics (or anyone else for that matter). Perhaps it's his nasty comments regarding both Mexico and it's people? Perhaps it's the police brutality that we so live in fear of in the 85006 that Trump is all for? Perhaps it's the huge and only growing gap in income inequality in America and the fact that Republican policies only serve to increase this gap at the expense of hard working everyday people?

There are numerous valid reasons why Trump is despised in the 85006 is my point. It's gotten to the point that I minimize my time in other parts of Phoenix that are red (code word for where the money is - moneyed areas in Phoenix tend to be very red and very heartless and very pro income inequality in America). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Thankfully I can report that here in the 85006 Trump does not poll well with Hispanics (or anyone else for that matter). Perhaps it's his nasty comments regarding both Mexico and it's people? Perhaps it's the police brutality that we so live in fear of in the 85006 that Trump is all for? Perhaps it's the huge and only growing gap in income inequality in America and the fact that Republican policies only serve to increase this gap at the expense of hard working everyday people?

There are numerous valid reasons why Trump is despised in the 85006 is my point. It's gotten to the point that I minimize my time in other parts of Phoenix that are red (code word for where the money is - moneyed areas in Phoenix tend to be very red and very heartless and very pro income inequality in America). Rob
    And there we have it, the word from the 85006.

Thread Information