Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump up in polling among Hispanics

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I didn’t say everyone was stupid that voted for him because unfortunately I know a few smart people that did. But the majority of people were blue collar and voted against their own interests. I grew up BC and my ex put me through college with his BC job. People were fooled.
    As an ex, I'm guessing he acted outside his best interests in putting you through college and yet you got a long term benefit as a result. Would you agree that it wasn't very intelligent of him to do so or would you appreciate the greater good you experienced as a result of his actions?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Again, voting for trump was only smart if you are wealthy. So they voted to harm their country, themselves and future generations. Not what I would call a intelligent move.
    I am wealthy. I did not vote for Trump. He has made things difficult and unpredictable for my portfolio management. I'd rather have someone boring.

As an ex, I'm guessing he acted outside his best interests in putting you through college and yet you got a long term benefit as a result. Would you agree that it wasn't very intelligent of him to do so or would you appreciate the greater good you experienced as a result of his actions?
    if someone was to literally put me through college I'd have a pretty strong obligation to stay married to them at that point I think.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I am wealthy. I did not vote for Trump. He has made things difficult and unpredictable for my portfolio management. I'd rather have someone boring.
    Dude, I didnt vote for Trump but I like his effect on my portfolio. According to our financial advisor, Trump is making corporate America happy by reducing, or at leasr not adding, regulations. They like this stability in the regulatory world.

just sayin’

I stayed for 22 years until my kids were grown. He benefited by me getting a good job. I walked away from his pension, he hid our million dollars and I walked away with 50k. He was verbally abusive for years and my health got so bad both my arms were strangling my neck. More than one doctor told me to figure out what was wrong with my life. Twenty years later we are both happily remarried, we all get along great and celebrate all our kids special events together. We went to counseling 4 different times trying to change things. He admitted he learned a lot by me leaving and treats his new wife much better.

Because he had threatened to kill me I had to move away from family and friends, quit my job and move across the country alone. Happy times��. Also he never took care of his own kids, did any housework, etc. local college was cheap in small town Midwest in 1885. I got my BA in 3 years by overloading. Trust me I earned it.

Seems like we get overloaded with polls these days and I'm not sure how valid they all are. I think it was the same or similar poll that said something like 90% of Republicans view Trump favorably. That's going to include a lot of diversity including wealthy, poor, smart dumb, and minorities.

Trump's impact on the economy and people's portfolios is barely starting and at the least is introducing more potential volatility and uncertainty. Unless people readjust their investments to take some profits from equities, the post election performance is just on paper. I lightened equities in my portfolio after T was sworn in with no regrets and am considering another re balancing soon.

Trust me I earned it.
    No doubt you did, but the question was, did his voting against his best interests (putting you through school) provide a greater good for others? According to your earlier posts, he would appear to have been stupid to do so, but in line with my thoughts there was a long term benefit for others in his actions. Which one of us is correct?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Seems like we get overloaded with polls these days and I'm not sure how valid they all are. I think it was the same or similar poll that said something like 90% of Republicans view Trump favorably. That's going to include a lot of diversity including wealthy, poor, smart dumb, and minorities.

Trump's impact on the economy and people's portfolios is barely starting and at the least is introducing more potential volatility and uncertainty. Unless people readjust their investments to take some profits from equities, the post election performance is just on paper. I lightened equities in my portfolio after T was sworn in with no regrets and am considering another re balancing soon.
    I agree that rebalancing, or realizing profit from the Trump economy, is a good idea for us old folks. Not sure about those with a longer life line.

It saved him money because he had a masters degree and a high paying BC job. If I had a high school degree he would have owed me alimony for years and I would have had to take half his pension. I also would have hired a PI to find our million dollars. He got off cheap.

Thread Information