Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Dark is your personality? Machiavellianism, narcissism and psychopathy...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The only proper response is "I'll drink to that!"
    Bibo ergo sum.

Honestly, I'm not interested in my dark side. I've done the 12 Steps of AA/Al-Anon, and I certainly have been to confession. I didn't find the test to be very illuminating, because it didn't include passive-aggressive evil, which is my particular brand of evil, or the evil of denial.

Read M. Scott Peck's People of the Lie.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    Well, I got "shockingly saintly" which in real life translates to "unfortunate doormat" so my goal would be to elevate my dark side to be more balanced and healthy. That could be fun.

That's what I got Geila...thought the same as you, I'm not at all good at confrontation even in my own interests.

I got dinged, apparently, for wanting not to blab any secrets or go all full disclosure on the public's collective ass. If that's what's considered "vile," I'll own it.

Infrequently vile

I get angry, and also I BELIEVE in the necessity of manipulating people, like I literally believe it's how most people survive, period, and really often the only way to survive. However, I am not at all good at it.
    Trees don't grow on money

Infrequently vile............probably true except when someone messes with one of my daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Infrequently vile

I get angry, and also I BELIEVE in the necessity of manipulating people, like I literally believe it's how most people survive, period, and really often the only way to survive. However, I am not at all good at it.
    This is why I am such a BAD salesperson. Salesmanship depends on the ability to manipulate people. Even down to selling Girl Scout cookies, I resist manipulation. I typically will tell people "I know you probably hate marshmallow but just in case you like it, I'm selling these S'more cookies. I know they have sugar in them, and you probably won't be happy with the fat content either, BUT you wouldn't, by any chance, be interested in buying some of these cookies, would you? What?? You LIKE S'more's? Wow! Awesome! Well, please don't feel you have to buy more than 1 box from me. I have other friends that are selling them, too. You might prefer buying from them. But in any case, THANK YOU for buying from me. This might put me out of the 'dishonorable discharge' category of cookie salesmanship in my Girl Scout troop."

My DD once sent me and my DS an article on why you should never apologize. Until then, I never realized how much I apologize for everyting--mostly for things that aren't even my fault. My son is the same way, and I see it in him, but I was unable to see where he got it from.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

I got one of the flavors of Saintliness, which is stupid.

I dont care about manipulating people, cosying up to the rich and famous, having others praise me or putting me in the center of attention because I DONT MUCH CARE aBOUT THE REACtION OF OTHERS.

That isnt saintly behaviour, that is behaviour of the uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I got one of the flavors of Saintliness, which is stupid....
    I DONT MUCH CARE aBOUT THE REACtION OF OTHERS.
    That is a quality of the saintly, hate to tell ya.

Thread Information