Thread: Yes! My crochet class is a go this time

Yes! My crochet class is a go this time

The organization that supports these classes has said that sometimes it takes advertising a few months before people start to sign up so the last 2 were cancelled, but this one has the minimum of 2 participants. Slow growing but a step in the right direction. So time to get ready,

Cool! I agree. It took me about 4 years' worth of catalogs from a NYC holistic center to go from seeing an "interesting" permaculture class to being compelled to take it.

Hopefully you'll pick up 1 or 2 more.. You just need one class to be able to leverage good word of mouth. Idea: can you set up a Webinar platform and use it live and have it count towards class participation? If so, I'll take the class!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yeah, I had my first class today and it was lovely. I had 2 ladies, one wanted to read a pattern and one wanted to open up and try new things outside the box. So we started with talking about yarn types, hook types, and other supplies. Then we practiced reading the pattern and doing a few rows of several basic stitches, that was probably unnecessary with these students. Then we had a nice time to get into our work. One brought a project with her and we worked out some things for her. The other who wanted to open up I gave a specific project that is open to all types of stitches and decorations.

So I am having fun with this,

Good to hear
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Nice, I'm glad it was a success.

It is winderful thatnit went well, hou feel you added value to the world, and you all enjoyed the class.

Oh yeah, I took a couple projects I had done and wrote the patterns for the class so that the students could choose a project. Writing even simple patterns is challenging, but I got that done quickly. It can be part of my patterns to sell or to put in my newsletter. One is a mini potholder, it is super cute.

I am working on the dragon puppet pattern, that is a little challenging pattern. But it is very unique and that is what may sell.

Thread Information