Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily List

Geila
    rosa - thank you! You definitely have a harder task ahead of you. My condolences to you. And I'm glad someone else gives themselves a boost of accomplishment. It's so satisfying to cross items off the list.

Yppej
    Hedges trimmed, tomatoes pruned, and I started on the weeding last night. I love being outdoors when the weather us nice.

My list for today (I try to put down 3-4 most important only):

Complete Powerpoint for class

Grade student papers

Go to library

Play the viola 20 minutes (that's one that has slipped lately and I like it)

Today is a gorgeous cool day. Let us hope I can get in 3hours of weeding, and if so, I will be over the hump on garden maintenance.
    Three days ago it all was discouraging, the weeds! But I worked a few hours for a couple of days and that made a huge difference.

I do find that progress in one area encourages me, to go the distance to complete that job.

Geila
    I finished my whole list (minus the office which will be it's own project) by 6:30 and then had the rest of the evening to relax. I had planned no list for the weekend but I'm going to see if I can modify my all-or-nothing approach by doing a little bit every day.

For the weekend:
    30 minute workout
    Swim
    2-3 hours clearing out the office

Next week I want to work on creating a good daily routine that I can develop into ingrained habits.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I do find that progress in one area encourages me, to go the distance to complete that job.
    I have found that putting a few "quick wins" on the list that get crossed off quickly encourages me to hit the list that much harder and get more done.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Steve, I do love those quick wins. I've also gotten much better at doing part of a task and giving myself credit for doing so, rather than deciding that the job isn't finished, so my work was in vain.

Yppej
    Library ✔
    Visit parents ✔
    Weeding over half done and yard waste barrels along the curb

The heat comes back Monday so I am driven.

I only make lists for things that I don’t do weekly. So when spring cleaning I make a list of everything that needs to be done so I don’t forget. I also make lists of errands I need to do so I don’t forget one when out. Everything else I just notice when it needs to be done.

Yppej
    Close to 6 hours of weeding done and I feel like things are under control.

Thread Information