Thread: would you open this, Facebook message

would you open this, Facebook message

I just got a facebook message with a couple smilies and a video. This friend has never liked or commented on my feed, like never! I am not even sure if they are really active. So I didn't open it and sent her a message saying I couldn't open it. I am waiting to see if she answers to see if it is some kind of virus. Just seems weird, although my recent post would make sense if she replied to it.

Responding to myself, the friend responded that she did not send it so don't open it. Be warned if you are on Facebook and are sent a video you are not expecting

Thanks for the heads up, ZG!

That happened to me once. Don't open.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've seen many people who have more than one profile. So, somehow an existing "friend" gets cloned by the bad guys and sends stuff. If course, technologically it's beyond me...how do they automatically become your friend? Anyway, agreed - beware of suspicious stuff.

I have seen that too, I got a friend request from someone I am already friends with so I did not accept and instead messaged them. They posted that they had been hacked and copied.

I have also had people I have checked out thoroughly before approving them for a group and still had issues with posting things for sale and one naked video

Another reason to stay off Facebook. Glad you did not open it, Zoe!

This is one of the reasons we are not introducing my husband's mother to the computer. She would not understand the security and safety issues that come up regularly. Even I was caught once by a hacked Facebook page. That person has been hacked at least 3 times and I wonder if her kids are not somehow involved (or their sites).

Note: the other reasons are cost of equipment and data line and the biggest one is that I dont want to be called every day to answer questions and have to go down (40 minute round trip minimum) to fix something.

She is 86 and my husband said the same thing. It is enough to have to deal with her telephone and TV.

Thread Information